New cache publication

troutscott

If caches in your area are being published at midnight, then either:

A. Your reviewer is really dedicated, and is burning the midnight oil to get the job done.

B. Your reviewer actually lives in a different time zone than his review area (The Arizona reviewer lives in Korea!).

It's also possible the CO asked for the cache(s) to be published at that time, and the reviewer went the extra distance to help them out. (see A. above)

If caches in your area are being published at midnight, then either:

A. Your reviewer is really dedicated, and is burning the midnight oil to get the job done.

B. Your reviewer actually lives in a different time zone than his review area (The Arizona reviewer lives in Korea!).

It's also possible the CO asked for the cache(s) to be published at that time, and the reviewer went the extra distance to help them out. (see A. above)

It is also possible that the reviewer works funny hours or is just a night person like me

Yeah, your Reviewer could just be a night person. Caches get regularly listed after midnight in Washington state (by more than one Reviewer). I myself go to sleep after midnight most nights. It's funny to see the FTF logs and responses to FTF logs. It never ceases to amaze me that people will hop up at 2am and run out to find a cache. :D

Yeah, your Reviewer could just be a night person. Caches get regularly listed after midnight in Washington state (by more than one Reviewer). I myself go to sleep after midnight most nights. It's funny to see the FTF logs and responses to FTF logs. It never ceases to amaze me that people will hop up at 2am and run out to find a cache. :D

Yeah, I remember shortly aftre PNWAdmin retired it seemed like all the caches were being published very late or even after midnight. It seemed like every morning I would wake up and 5 or 6 caches would have published in our area while I was sleeping and the FTF would already be gone. I remeber being somewhat annoyed that I was being excluded from possible FTF attempts due to my lifestyle.

With 4 reviewers for our stat now though it has gotten much better. caches seem to publish at all times of the day, with no discernable pattern to who publishes when.

Yeah, I remember shortly aftre PNWAdmin retired it seemed like all the caches were being published very late or even after midnight. It seemed like every morning I would wake up and 5 or 6 caches would have published in our area while I was sleeping and the FTF would already be gone. I remeber being somewhat annoyed that I was being excluded from possible FTF attempts due to my lifestyle.

With 4 reviewers for our stat now though it has gotten much better. caches seem to publish at all times of the day, with no discernable pattern to who publishes when.

Yeah, sometimes I feel bad about the lateness of the publications, but if that's the time that works, that's the time that works. It's better to get those caches published than to wait and frustrate cache owners by taking too long to publish. :)