Finding one cache

You are walking on a beach and see an old brass lamp. You rub it to get the sand off and a genie appears.

He says "You can find any cache on the planet. Just say which one, and you will be transported to within 500 feet of it with your GPS and it will appear when you get close".

Which cache would it be?

( with apologies to TAR) :D

The genie is a form of media, by leaving the magic lamp on the beach you are in violation the Groundspeak terms of use (specifically section 4(m)). Should someone ask about a cache where the owner has not consented to solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates being published by genie; you could have your geocaching account suspended. Please remove your genie in the spirit of geocaching. <_<

The genie is a form of media, by leaving the magic lamp on the beach you are in violation the Groundspeak terms of use (specifically section 4(m)). Should someone ask about a cache where the owner has not consented to solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates being published by genie; you could have your geocaching account suspended. Please remove your genie in the spirit of geocaching. <_<

So there is not any one cache that you would like to find?

If you're not having fun, you have no one to blame but yourself. :D

International space station would be my first pick, Hydrothermal vents would be #2 and Mission 4 ape cache would be #3.

I don't think I could come up with anything to chose... I'm pretty unlucky at times, but the choices involved in some of these ones would probably make them bad choices... the surviving APE cache might work though, IF...

ISS would be tougher to achieve, even if they were providing proper equipment... besides which it is not ON the planet... consider the physics. 500 feet away would definitely be 'outside' the station. Would you have a ship or a space suit? Are you placed in a correctly matching orbit? Being at right angles or such, not closing at a safe rate, Worse yet, stationary! I'm only approximating from memory, but one second after materializing at the spot promised, the station would be say 7.5 km away, if you are standing still, probably more if you factor in all motion including EARTH. Of course you have permission to board the station if you get there, right? Nah that's only two things and I'm not seeing it. The Hydrothermal (MAR) vents you might get SCUBA or a SUB... or a bathing suit! Nope!

Not sure about where the APE is located in South America, but if it survives today, it might not be in a friendly area... but more so than the first choices. The other guys have a good idea, an nice canoe trip that doesn't need a genie, just an outfitter and a crystal ball, has that been found at all yet?

Doug 7rxc

International space station would be my first pick, Hydrothermal vents would be #2 and Mission 4 ape cache would be #3.

I don't think I could come up with anything to chose... I'm pretty unlucky at times, but the choices involved in some of these ones would probably make them bad choices... the surviving APE cache might work though, IF...

ISS would be tougher to achieve, even if they were providing proper equipment... besides which it is not ON the planet... consider the physics. 500 feet away would definitely be 'outside' the station. Would you have a ship or a space suit? Are you placed in a correctly matching orbit? Being at right angles or such, not closing at a safe rate, Worse yet, stationary! I'm only approximating from memory, but one second after materializing at the spot promised, the station would be say 7.5 km away, if you are standing still, probably more if you factor in all motion including EARTH. Of course you have permission to board the station if you get there, right? Nah that's only two things and I'm not seeing it. The Hydrothermal (MAR) vents you might get SCUBA or a SUB... or a bathing suit! Nope!

Not sure about where the APE is located in South America, but if it survives today, it might not be in a friendly area... but more so than the first choices. The other guys have a good idea, an nice canoe trip that doesn't need a genie, just an outfitter and a crystal ball, has that been found at all yet?

Doug 7rxc

I'm assuming the spirit of the thread in the fact that you'd actually survive. Yeah, 500 meters outside the space station and your dead, but if it's literal then the ape cache for me, as for the other cache $2 - 3K should get you there via float plane from wherever you are, I'm actually looking at it and thinking hmmm, i just might be FTF next summer.

You are walking on a beach and see an old brass lamp. You rub it to get the sand off and a genie appears.

He says "You can find any cache on the planet. Just say which one, and you will be transported to within 500 feet of it with your GPS and it will appear when you get close".

Which cache would it be?

Assuming that I'll be transported back, and I can come back when I want, it would be a cache located somewhere I would want to visit even if there wasn't a cache there. For example, a cache at Maccu Piccu, or one in Tahiti.

Which cache would it be?

Arvids spine trail micro

i ended up putting it on ignore after giving up after too many trips there.

my genie will have to be holding it and hand it to me.

Kids want one in disneyworld, LOL, we already have the virtual in Disneyland.

Well, they're not exactly stellar virtuals that I would use my Genie wish on. Also, I was there way back when they still had physical caches there (they were all removed in the Spring of 2005), and none of them were anything to write home about either. But Disneyworld sure ties in with the Genie theme. The whole Disney magic thing. :)

The Genie is magical and capable of all things, right? Then I would go back in time and do the Mission 9 APE before it was stolen. I really, REALLY wanted to do that cache. Did the replacement last summer and had a blast, but if I could do anything, that's still my pick.

Sure! Go back close to it's placement and sign the log.

Change the whole history of geocaching and the world! I thought the ISS was hazardous.

BTW signing the log leads to the lamp NOT being placed on the beach to find, thus your future doesn't happen, so you don't exist in that time line either (unless you were already there).

Doug 7rxc

Any... cache? You mean, only for geocaching? You mean limitations? On wishes? Huh. Some all-powerful Genie. Can't even bring people back from a geocaching trip. I don't know, Abu. He probably can't even get us to the Brazil APE cache and back safely. Looks like we're gonna have to find a way there and back...