Geocoinfest - Segen oder Fluch?

wwerner

Hallo zusammen

Geocoin Feste und ähnliche Veranstaltungen werden immer mehr Mode. Ich möchte auf einen negativen Aspekt hinweisen.

Es gibt Owner, die schöne Coins sehr, sehr lange zurückbehalten, weil sie sie an solchen Veranstaltungen ausstellen wollen. Ein Beispiel ist http://coord.info/TB3BEHB der von Benjamargi herumgeschleppt wird, ohne ihn seinem Ziel entsprechend in weitere Caches zu legen und herumreisen zu lassen.

Mails haben nichts gefruchtet.

Meiner Ansicht nach sollte es möglich sein, dass der Owner eines Coins wählen kann, ob sein Coin an solchen Veranstaltungen gelogt werden kann.

Gruss WWERNER

Hallo WWerner,

Willkommen im Geocoinforum! Dies ist ein englischsprachiges Forum und die meisten, die hier aktiv sind können Deutsch nicht verstehen. Wenn Du also Feedback haben möchtest, solltest Du hier in Englisch schreiben.

Wwerner wanted to point to a negative aspect of all the events that take place (for example geocoinfest). He said there are cachers who hold back nice coins to show them at the events and don't put them back into caches. He gave a link to a coin of him where such a thing happened. There were no answers mails to the cacher. He also thinks it should be possible to the owner to choose if their coins should travel to events or not.

I don't think this happened because of the events. If you look at the account of the cacher who has the coin now you see that he took the coin from The "Meet and Greet Event of 1. EU GCF" and dipped it into the "1. EU Geocoinfest" which was at the same location one or two days later. He posted that he wants to take it to Berlin and he found no other cache since then. So I would say he had no time for caching in the last time and he will place it in the next cache he will find. But on the other side it is not very nice to ignore your emails.

Edited for spellling

Edited by yanagi

As Yanagi already mentioned, I assume that he didn`t had time to place the coin yet.

But I can fully understand Werner, so I did wrote the current holder a very nice mail to get him placed the coin.

As one of the GCF2011 Team in Cologne I had my thoughts about big buckets of trackables and I only can hope that every trackable will stay alive in travelling. But I was pleased to do so.

But Werner, I had so many times thought I lost one of my coins and after months they turned out in caches you never thought of. So I beleive your coin will be placed soon in caches again.

Thank you all for your help and support. Nevertheless Coinfest events turn to be a problem for special, nice looking coins. I had more than one coin which where hold by owners for months because they wanted to show my coin. Does this really make sense? I would argue that such events only show coins which have not been activated and/or belong to the presenter. To show a coin which belongs to another person and which should travel from cache to cache sounds strange to me...

Regards

WWERNER