Man stuck in a tree

jeffrae

I wonder how many geocachers stopped by and said, "Say, as long as you're up there, could you sign the log sheet for me?" :shocked:
"Part of his body is underground as well," Chacon said.

I think the only part of him "up there" is his mental state.

Unless there is something really grisly about this incident that I really don't want to know about...

Edited by Chrysalides

Really just too weird.

And another indication that the gene pool needs a little more chlorine.

Or maybe some therapy and mental meds for the genes that are a little older and have alzheimers.

I'm not sure what you think Alzheimer's is, but I can assure you it doesn't involve trying to be one with the trees. This guy sounds more like he subscribes to the idea of better living through chemistry.

Edited by Chrysalides

This guy sounds more like he subscribes to the idea of better living through chemistry.

Sounds like a lot of us, doesn't it? I climbed pretty far out on a thin limb last weekend just to sign a piece of paper in a matchstick container.

The problem comes in when people go above what they are capable of. Geocaching is for everyone, not every cache is. People know there limits, people know the risks. This guy doesn't seem to know either.

This guy sounds more like he subscribes to the idea of better living through chemistry.

Sounds like a lot of us, doesn't it? I climbed pretty far out on a thin limb last weekend just to sign a piece of paper in a matchstick container.

But I assume you at least didn't do it under the influence of mind altering mushrooms or other substances. We sustain our own insanity :D

The problem comes in when people go above what they are capable of. Geocaching is for everyone, not every cache is. People know there limits, people know the risks. This guy doesn't seem to know either.

Only one way that I know of to learn what you are capable of. That way frequently involves pain, but it works. It is also important (to some of us, at least) to push those boundaries a bit.

But I assume you at least didn't do it under the influence of mind altering mushrooms or other substances. We sustain our own insanity :D

I'll take the fifth on that.

It is also important (to some of us, at least) to push those boundaries a bit.

As a tie-in to the 'old guy' aspect, I find myself still attempting things that were easy 20-30 years ago. :(

Perhaps that was the guy's favorite 'hide-and-go-seek' hiding spot 30 years earlier, and he wanted to re-live those fond memories? Nah, the tree wouldn't have been like that 30 years ago.

As a tie-in to the 'old guy' aspect, I find myself still attempting things that were easy 20-30 years ago. :(

Perhaps that was the guy's favorite 'hide-and-go-seek' hiding spot 30 years earlier, and he wanted to re-live those fond memories? Nah, the tree wouldn't have been like that 30 years ago.

My brain keeps saying "I'm eighteen" but my body keeps saying "Oh, no you're NOT!"

My brain keeps saying "I'm eighteen" but my body keeps saying "Oh, no you're NOT!"

When I'm in a cautious mood, I stop and ask myself if I want to explain my predicament if things go wrong.

Other times it's just 'Go for it!"

When I'm in a cautious mood, I stop and ask myself if I want to explain my predicament if things go wrong.

I'm generally a "Go for it" kind of guy, but after a couple of episodes with hospital personnel, I have learned to have at least a little bit of second thought before going out on that limb. My sense of balance is as good as it ever was, but my flexibility is not, and I suspect my bones won't heal quite as quickly anymore, either. But I'd rather not find that last bit out for certain.

I'm generally a "Go for it" kind of guy, but after a couple of episodes with hospital personnel, I have learned to have at least a little bit of second thought before going out on that limb. My sense of balance is as good as it ever was, but my flexibility is not, and I suspect my bones won't heal quite as quickly anymore, either. But I'd rather not find that last bit out for certain.

And that's why I stood under that tree last week. I'd rather catch your falling behind then have to drag it a few miles to the car!

And that's why I stood under that tree last week. I'd rather catch your falling behind then have to drag it a few miles to the car!

Thanks for the wasted effort.