Purplehell - Where did you go?

TAZ427

Ok, I haven't used purplehell.com in several months and today I wanted to give someone several progressively more revealing hints in one e-mail so I was wanting to ROT13 them (so he can decode them one at a time.) Anyway I of course went to Purplehell.com and found that the website is down and I'm on one of those redirecting pages. I found another ROT13 page so please don't bother with posting 'here's a place to ROT13 something.' I'd just like to know if anyone knows what happened to Purple Hell. Also, I'm well aware of a number of other riddle/puzzle/solving pages so I'm not looking for a list of URL, just if someone knows what happened to Purplehell.

What the Purple hell is Purple hell?

A very cool site that summarizes a lot of code and alphabet types, and has links to some encryption / decryption tools. Very handy for puzzle solving.

They've fallen asleep at the wheel before and let the domain lapse... hopefully this is just another case of that and it will be back up and running soon. If not, it'd be a bummer to lose the resource.

If I had a nickel for every time I've seen that blonde chick with a backpack, I'd have, I don't know, at least $20. Can't they give someone else a chance at fame on lapsed domain pages? :lol:

EDIT: I should have figured Someone blogged about her

If you're a fan, here's more...

Naw, not really a huge fan. But a little Googling, and I'm not the first person who ever wondered. Taken in 2005; Hannah Stellar (although she's married and that's her Maiden name) photo taken by her Photographer brother, for which he received about $20 at istockphoto.com The interweb's amazing, isn't it? OK, sorry off topic, I'm outta here.

Looks like it's back up today :-) Did another WHOIS on them and looks like the leased the name for another year.

Oh good. I thought I creeped everyone out investigating the expired domain girl. :) I have seen many a domain expire, and the people remembered to renew, and got it right back up. Probably doesn't happen on high profile domains that other people want.

I don't use the site all the time but another cacher friend just informed me the site is down. [:(] Checking on whois.com, the domain expired Oct 24th.

Hopefully they'll get it back up soon.

Yep, it's down again, just like last year. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago but I assume it's been down since the 24th (10/24/12).

I don't use it much but it sure comes in handy sometimes on puzzle caches.