GPSMAP 62S Geocache Map Issue-help

wogunhiker

Make sure your caches .gpx file is in the Garmin/GPX folder. If you are using a PQ be sure you extract the .gpx file(s).

Before I read his post carefully, those were my thoughts as well. But note that he says "Caches are loaded and list, but don't show up on the map." So the problem isn't one of getting the *.gpx files unpacked and in the right place.

If the caches are listed, I assume that they are loaded correctly. But just as a starting point, how far are you zooming in or out of the display? If the map is zoomed out too far, the caches will not be displayed.

What does the map show if you try to route to a cache? Does your map display waypoints? I suppose if everything seems to be working properly but the unit is simply not displaying caches, you could contact Garmin support.

Edited by geodarts

This issue can also have another cause. Displaying geocaches can be simply disabled. GPSmap 62s treats geocaches as waypoints, so can you please confirm that you have under Setup map - Advanced map setup - Zoom levels menu User waypoint set to Auto ? More specific NOT set to Off ?