Now ready to find.

Allen G0CRB

I joined a few weeks ago,Then i became a premium member,Now my GPS has arrived ? I decided and bought a new Garmin Oregon 450T best price i could buy it for was £279.Now i would like to say that i would like to start finding in the coming week but !! As its my birthday next week ( 60 ) the wife tells me that as she put £100 pounds towards the GPS as birthday money i can not start to use it until next weekend ( Birthday ).I have a field behind my house and i see there are a few caches over there so that will be my start of what could be a great hobby.

:D

I'm sure you're chomping at the bit, waiting to get out there with your shiny new Oregon. You know, some people start caching just by using local maps to find the 'Trad' caches. As you're in the UK you'll have access to the excellent OS maps so by using those, the OS grid ref on the cache page and the Hint provided you could actually go and find one or two without unwrapping your present.

Go on, have a go! ;)

MrsB

I'll just throw in my experience on raiding the present pile early, because you reminded me of it.

When I was younger, I asked for a Nintendo system for Christmas. I made the mistake of finding it and taking it out of the box about a month too early. When I opened the large box on Christmas, I was horrified to discover a hamster cage (the one with the tubes). They let me suffer for a while, then they told me where the real present was. (And yes, absolutely, this will be my planned response if my kids do this.)

Hope you enjoy both your birthday and geocaching. And maybe if you're good she'll let you take it out earlier. (And by "good," of course I mean buy her something/take her someplace she wants.)

I have a rule for this kind of thing with my wife. If I know about it or find it then I get the present early. She knows I am way too inpatient to have something like this hanging around the house and not be able to use it. Its seriously like torture.

Last year it was the Ipad she bought me around black friday. There was no way I was letting that sit around until Christmas.

I would explain to her that its her fault she let you know about it and next time to keep a secret until the big day.

Good luck, I am sure you can wear her down if you keep working on it. :lol:

Edited by Team Firenze

Hope you enjoy both your birthday and geocaching. And maybe if you're good she'll let you take it out earlier. (And by "good," of course I mean buy her something/take her someplace she wants.)

Haha, I just read this and agree completely. This is a good tactic. "Let me use and I will take you to that nice restaurant you have been wanting to go to"!!

Thanks for all the info.......Tomorrow i think i will as you say try to find "one" up the top of the field with just the map and the clue.This morning i got the petrol garden strimmer and made a path in the tall grass at the side of the wood so i can walk through where the thistles where with out them little sharp things sticking in my socks lol.So in the future if your out caching and you see a 60 year old man walking along the top of a field with a 6 foot garden strimmer sticking out of a rucksack you know it will be me lol only joking.