One-time small GPX searches?

iota

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything by searching. I love being able to do pocket queries, and currently use two: one for 500 nearest unfound, and one for 30mi of unfound caches. However, I was planning on taking a trip today farther away from the city (and beyond my 500 caches) and wanted to get a GPX file for a few caches in a park I wanted to go to.

Is there any way to make a quick GPX file without having to make it into a new query and wait 24 hours?

Would it be possible to add this? I know that generating GPX'es is taxing on the server/bandwidth, but it's better than going to 50 cache pages in a row and printing them. Can another checkbox be added to the search results to download a GPX file (not just a waypoint .LOC)?

Does this make sense at all? icon_smile.gif

My experience has been positive. I keep one query available at all times for spur-of-the-moment searches. I create it, then ask for it to be run on the current day. If I did one right now, I'd ask for it to run on Friday (and on Saturday, just in case....) The system then thinks, "omigosh, here is a Friday query that did not run overnight" and the file gets generated pretty quickly... 10 to 20 minutes is not uncommon.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

quote:
Originally posted by iota:

Is there any way to make a quick GPX file without having to make it into a new query and wait 24 hours?

Further to Lep's reply above, use the lowest number existing pocket query you have and alter it to your temporary parameters.

Cheers, Olar

"You are only young once but you can stay immature forever"