My Geo Coin

thepie8ters

This is important to me as the coin is linked to the Armed Forces which I released whilst on Operational tour in Afghanistan. The coin I released has not moved for over 15 months from a premium cache in the USA. I have emailed the person that dropped it off twice without reply. Does anyone know how i can get my coin moving again.

Thanks in advance

thepie8ters (UK)

Not much you can do. Best you may get will be contacting the CO and have them see if the coin is even in the cache. If the coin has been in there for 15 months and there have been several visits logged at the cache since then. I would suspect the coin is no longer there. It may have been moved long ago and never logged into the new cache. It may have been stolen or lost by the last person to find it. You'll just have to sit back and hope for the best.

After reading all the advice for choosing a "safe" cache in which to place a traveller, this one blows all that out of the water:

--Premium Member only (supposedly "safer" than non-PMO caches)

Not just that, but also:

--A puzzle cache.

--D/T: 5/5 (sounds like the D/T rating is accurate)

--Took a few people more than one trip to complete the final.

:( Sorry, but it sounds like your coin is long gone. The original container is gone, and the CO replaced it with a "small pill bottle". Even he can't find the original container!

Hope against hope that it shows up eventually, maybe from the depths of another cacher's bag or backpack.

5/5 cache, placed in 2009, only 8 finds and the original cache is missing. It is a shame, but I think your coin has gone. However - a cacher in the States came across a TB that had been dormant for 5 years and brought it to Victoria BC when she was here on business to get it moving again. That sort of good news is rare though.

I no longer have TBs "out there" as both are missing. I won't be getting more either.

Does anyone know how i can get my coin moving again.

There is nothing on the coin's page that indicates anything's wrong (just that it was placed over a year ago), if this is the coin: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2369884

Why not cut & paste your OP into that coin's page? Make the text nice & bold & red (if you like), and include any additional info (the container seems to have be gone, too). Email may get lost (probably did in this case), but text on a Trackable's page remains in view, lots of people will see it, and that might even help get it out of limbo.

Edited by kunarion

The coin may still be in the original cache container, but since that container is missing that's not much help. Were I in the area, and up to the kind of hiking that cache would require, I'd probably see if I could get the final coordinates from the CO in order to search for the original container. (Assuming I couldn't solve the puzzle, which I'm thinking I probably couldn't.)