GpxView for Pocket PC 2002 is here

astrandb

I have no problem sorting by closest. You do have to tap and hold the cache you want to set as the center of the sort, tap on "Distance from This", tap on the distance column header, and the sort is performed.

I still love this application.

I can't think of much more I would want it to do.

Aladin Sane

quote:
Originally posted by Aladin Sane:

I have no problem sorting by closest. You do have to tap and hold the cache you want to set as the center of the sort, tap on "Distance from This", tap on the distance column header, and the sort is performed.

I still love this application.

I can't think of much more I would want it to do.

Aladin Sane

Well that explains that. I couldn't see the distance column so it never occured to me to tap the header, nor could I see that the Distance from this function was working.

That works.

Wherever you go there you are.

First, let me say that I love this application! It has become my favorite PDA application, certainly for geocaching.

One minor problem that I've been having with the "Distance from This" sorting is that after I've selected it and then tap anywhere on the screen, the cache used as the point of origin opens. Usually I'm trying to tap the scrollbar to move over to the "Distance From" column in order to sort, but instead I have to close the cache page that opens and then scroll over for sorting. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, there are times when I get a nonsensical value for the "Distance From" value for the origin cache (usually a negative one and some symbols). I haven't yet spent the time to figure out what steps are required to get this to happen. It happens fairly frequently for me in the field, but it is not a critical issue.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ake S:

GpxView is developed with the API for PPC 2002. To make it backward compatible I would need to reinvent a lot of code that the guys at Microsoft have developed. I have no such plans at the moment.

/Åke S

GpxView for Pocket PC 2002 can be found http://strandberg.org/gpxview

O come on, be a sport, I'll be your best friend!

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)