Travel Bugs Mileage

Messe

I started a thread a few months ago about the amount of mileage covered by a still active TB.After much searching i can only come across the Chart `Oldest TB still in action`.It does show mileage but just because it may have been released a million years ago,this does not guarantee it will have covered a million miles.As i have not found any data to compare with i am at a loss as to how high one of my TBs would rank.How can i make a `Compare your TB Mileage List`,where if you have a well traveled bug you can quiet easily see where you rank.I have not a clue who owns the most traveled TB or what the mileage is

With this in mind i would like cachers with TBs around to look at there mileage and if they have one that has covered a lot of miles to respond to this thread.....lets see who owns what and how far...i do not know how this thread will go...if anywhere...or it might become a source of good info

I will start it of with

A-Z World Tour has hit 82810 miles

having already covered 5694 miles on it first mission

Total Mileage= 88504

Who has more or less miles on there TB so we can start to compare each others mileage....Hope some off you cachers/cacherettes find this of interest

My most travelled.

Cachewalkers Superbike Challenge 2009 - Bike 4 (Malpas Wanderer) 08/Oct/2011 Malpas Wanderer Cumil :: M.. 27914 mi

Not expecting it to be high up the ranks.

Thanks Malpas Wanderer for the mileage....at the moment you are 2nd!....any more offers of there TBs mileage?

The Travel Bug Mileage Table so far

1:A-Z Head World Tour

Owner:Messe

Mileage:88504

2:Cachewalkers Superbike Challenge 2009 - Bike 4

Owner:Malpas Wanderer

Mileage:27914

Edited by Messe

I was going to offer you The Coaster on 36647 miles but a.) it's a geocoin and b.) it's being moved about by another cacher rather than travelling freely and randomly from cache to cache.

So instead I'll submit Welsh Rugby Union which has done 36746 miles and Postcard from the Kruger National Park which has done 31440 miles.

The problem with trying to find the TB with the highest mileage is that TBs can be re-cycled and resurrected and can continue on travelling in completely different guises on copy tags. The two I mention above are still travelling on the original TB tag; the postcard one is now on its second mission.

MrsB

Thanks Cachers and Cacherettes for supplying this Info on TB Mileage.I think we are on to something here B) ..I am Dtrawing up a list and will put on here tomorrow with.I will update this the more info i get.

As there many Travel Bugs out there with Tags,so are there many coins out there that track mileage..i think these should be included in the list..Options on that appreciated?

There is also the matter of a TB I gave to Sue from Phillimore Clan for her Birthday..Not to be placed in a cache,but from Cacher to Cacher Only so not logging any Mileage...even if a cacher who lives miles apart when given it...so at best could only estimate mileage...Options on that appreciated?

There is also Personal TBs...i a living TB and log myself in and out caches so as i can see just how many miles i have covered in the years of playing this hobby..sport or more often then not an aaaaaaaddddiiiiicccctttiiioonnnn :rolleyes:....

are these to be included?....i knew a Pilot who does the same and his mileage was HUGE ...(will check if still active).....Do we include these/us..i am in a mind to say Yes as the mileage has been done..and i live in a little house which is about the size of a large Ammo Box! and I seem to always be left in the dark :laughing: ....

Should i include them/Us.Options on that appreciated?

Nice One Peeps for help out here,Bye :D

Thanks Cachers and Cacherettes for supplying this Info on TB Mileage.I think we are on to something here B) ..I am Dtrawing up a list and will put on here tomorrow with.I will update this the more info i get.

As there many Travel Bugs out there with Tags,so are there many coins out there that track mileage..i think these should be included in the list..Options on that appreciated?

There is also the matter of a TB I gave to Sue from Phillimore Clan for her Birthday..Not to be placed in a cache,but from Cacher to Cacher Only so not logging any Mileage...even if a cacher who lives miles apart when given it...so at best could only estimate mileage...Options on that appreciated?

There is also Personal TBs...i a living TB and log myself in and out caches so as i can see just how many miles i have covered in the years of playing this hobby..sport or more often then not an aaaaaaaddddiiiiicccctttiiioonnnn :rolleyes:....

are these to be included?....i knew a Pilot who does the same and his mileage was HUGE ...(will check if still active).....Do we include these/us..i am in a mind to say Yes as the mileage has been done..and i live in a little house which is about the size of a large Ammo Box! and I seem to always be left in the dark :laughing: ....

Should i include them/Us.Options on that appreciated?

Nice One Peeps for help out here,Bye :D

The list in your posts could get quite or is that very long.

Have you thought about placing a link to a google document (spreadsheet) or similar? :blink:

I think there's a big difference between a trackable that's released to travel freely, at the will of the geocaching gods, moving randomly from cache to cache, fighting the challenges of muggles and ill-informed cachers day by day...

and a trackable that has a comfortable life living mostly in one person's pocket or bag, being jetted around the world, and occasionally seeing the light of day at a brief cache visit or to be shown off at an event.

MrsB :)

I have two that have done 10,000 and 13,000 miles in six months (and that doesn't count the fact that they both travelled an additional 4,000 miles in my pocket to be dropped in the initial cache). Had I logged them here first in Australia, they'd be closer to 14K and 17K miles.

Both are free to roam rather than being jetted around the world in my pocket (the 13,000 went missing for 3 months, but made it back to circulation in September).

I know it's only small compared to a lot of trackables out there, but I'm happy with them.

I released 4 bugs into the same cache in July 2010, one for each family member, all in a free-for-all mileage race.

Two moved once each and then both disappeared. The third went missing for ages and then reappeared but still has only done 600 miles. The fourth, well that's a different story, it's been around the world, very quickly, and is currently at 22,624 miles. Of course that one wasn't the one that was 'mine'.

http://coord.info/TB2RCAK

Here we have the start of a Chart to compare TB Mileage.I have not included `Living TBs` and i have started a list of TB that have a minimum of 5000 miles+.I am looking into a Google doc where all the info can be shared.When i have done that i will add a link to that page...until then i will keep updating this list

1st A-Z Head World Tour messe 82,811

2nd Back from Down Under Stuey 77,000

3rd Welsh Rugby Union The Blorenges 36,747

4th The Coaster The Blorenges 36,651

5th Postcard from the Kruger National Park S.A. The Blorenges 31,440

6th Welsh Californian Poppy (re-seeding by PROXY) The Blorenges 30,307

7th The Cache Cow (heading to Adelaide please) Stuey 26,561

8th AQ-XTB2 messe 23,687

9th Messe Personal Geocoin messe 22,879

10th Froggy (A Hoppy Coppy) The Blorenges 21,710

11th TeamEccs21 Geocoin The Blorenges 20,442

12th Time for a tea and geocaching! (Proxy item) The Blorenges 14,221

19th Wandering Far Star (proxy geocoin) The Blorenges 13,953

20th Fast pasty The Blorenges 13,783

21st Australia GeoGuitar Geocoin genghicat 12,745

22nd MrsB's Cornish Geocoin - "Destination West Cornwall Township, Pennsylvania, USA. The Blorenges 12,325

23rd Signore Fi Bonacci the famous Italian snail The Blorenges 11,669

24th B's black bag of Bs. The Blorenges 11,158

25th True Brit Spit The Blorenges 10,262

26th CacheCat Geocoin genghica 9,672

27th The Three Wise Monkeys Great Race - Hear No Evil Stuey 8,527

28th Stuey's Gold Wales Geocoin Stuey 5,768

29th Honey Bear - A País de Gales por favor. The Blorenges 5,580

30th Stuey's Event Junkie 'Pengy and Tigger' Geocoin Stuey 5,529

Here we have the start of a Chart to compare TB Mileage.I have not included `Living TBs` and i have started a list of TB that have a minimum of 5000 miles+.I am looking into a Google doc where all the info can be shared.When i have done that i will add a link to that page...until then i will keep updating this list

3rd Welsh Rugby Union The Blorenges 36,747

4th The Coaster The Blorenges 36,651

5th Postcard from the Kruger National Park S.A. The Blorenges 31,440

6th Welsh Californian Poppy (re-seeding by PROXY) The Blorenges 30,307

7th The Cache Cow (heading to Adelaide please) Stuey 26,561

8th AQ-XTB2 messe 23,687

10th Froggy (A Hoppy Coppy) The Blorenges 21,710

11th TeamEccs21 Geocoin The Blorenges 20,442

12th Time for a tea and geocaching! (Proxy item) The Blorenges 14,221

19th Wandering Far Star (proxy geocoin) The Blorenges 13,953

20th Fast pasty The Blorenges 13,783

21st Australia GeoGuitar Geocoin genghicat 12,745

22nd MrsB's Cornish Geocoin - "Destination West Cornwall Township, Pennsylvania, USA. The Blorenges 12,325

23rd Signore Fi Bonacci the famous Italian snail The Blorenges 11,669

24th B's black bag of Bs. The Blorenges 11,158

25th True Brit Spit The Blorenges 10,262

26th CacheCat Geocoin genghica 9,672

27th The Three Wise Monkeys Great Race - Hear No Evil Stuey 8,527

28th Stuey's Gold Wales Geocoin Stuey 5,768

29th Honey Bear - A País de Gales por favor. The Blorenges 5,580

30th Stuey's Event Junkie 'Pengy and Tigger' Geocoin Stuey 5,529

:blink:

Hang on... Hang on...

There seem to be rather a lot of Blorengey trackables on that list...

I don't think you're comparing like with like. You're comparing apples and oranges and pears!

You can see that some of our trackables are ones that have got lost and then have been replaced with some proxy item, whereas Stuey's "Back from Down Under" is the original TB (I think) which is still travelling. Also, a trackable which stays in the hands of one cacher who roves the World on business trips for months on end visiting it to various caches to clock up mileage is not really comparable (IMO).

Are you interested only intrackables belonging to UK cachers?

I have hopefully now sorted out the TB mileage list.The cachers/cacherettes that have supplied there Info on there TB have been added.

As with regards my TB being in someones pocket.to be dipped in and out of caches but not really free.This TB in question did complete its first mission by the help of many cachers.When she was released again with a different mission,it is exactly what says on the tin...to complete its mission.Some TBs and gold are left to roam freely..so i understand where you are coming from.but if i get one that is on a mission I try to help it reach its goal....without getting lost along the way.I am happy that goldohulk has possesion as he always uploads great pics of her travels in her quest to get to the end...and i know she is safe,

3rd Phileas the Frog TB Maple Leaf 40,989

4th The Red Pony rjackso 39,138

5th Welsh Rugby Union The Blorenges 36,747

6th Postcard from the Kruger National Park S.A. The Blorenges 31,440

7th Cachewalkers Superbike Challenge 2009 - Bike 4 Malpas Wanderer 27,914

8th AQ-XTB2 messe 23,687

10th Kayak Bug Aggrajag 22,623

11th Purple Boxster TB Bear and Ragged 19,072

12th Australia GeoGuitar Geocoin genghicat 12,745

13th CacheCat Geocoin genghicat 9,672

14th Captain Rex Traveller Legochugglers 625

Edited by Messe

Hi Roy,

Here are my genuine (original) travelling trackables, out there in the wild, moving from cache to cache by cachers.

Back from Down Under... Again! 77820 mi

Stuey's Pilot Piggy 30622 mi

The Cache Cow 26561 mi

The Three Wise Monkeys Great Race - Hear No Evil 8528 mi

Stuey's Gold Wales Geocoin 5768 mi

Stuey's Event Junkie 'Pengy and Tigger' Geocoin 5529 mi

I have hopefully now sorted out the TB mileage list.The cachers/cacherettes that have supplied there Info on there TB have been added.

As with regards my TB being in someones pocket.to be dipped in and out of caches but not really free.This TB in question did complete its first mission by the help of many cachers.When she was released again with a different mission,it is exactly what says on the tin...to complete its mission.Some TBs and gold are left to roam freely..so i understand where you are coming from.but if i get one that is on a mission I try to help it reach its goal....without getting lost along the way.I am happy that goldohulk has possesion as he always uploads great pics of her travels in her quest to get to the end...and i know she is safe,

3rd Phileas the Frog TB Maple Leaf 40,989

4th The Red Pony rjackso 39,138

5th Welsh Rugby Union The Blorenges 36,747

6th Postcard from the Kruger National Park S.A. The Blorenges 31,440

7th Cachewalkers Superbike Challenge 2009 - Bike 4 Malpas Wanderer 27,914

8th AQ-XTB2 messe 23,687

10th Kayak Bug Aggrajag 22,623

11th Purple Boxster TB Bear and Ragged 19,072

12th Australia GeoGuitar Geocoin genghicat 12,745

13th CacheCat Geocoin genghicat 9,672

14th Captain Rex Traveller Legochugglers 625

Oh dear ...I think 14th is a little optimistic, anyway we will enjoy it while we can!

How about mine?

GB Geocoin - TB1P649 - 36,865 miles currently in Northumberland.

Wavendon Williams' World Wide Wander - TB1QW6Z - 36,865 miles currently in Lesotho.

I have a further 7 that have done over 20,000 and an additional 10 that have done over 10,000.

In all my trackables live and lost and collection have travelled over 600,000 miles!

Hi Stuey..long time no see..will bash a few of your caches out when next down your way :ph34r: Thanks for info and have added them..take care :smile:

Thanks Wavvy for your input..have added them....600,000+ miles...get them up here bro...not only have they done a lot..they have not gone missing :o ....i am sorry to say...most of mine are `Where abouts unknown`..and usual its the Coins that walk..but we live in hope they will resurface...one day :unsure:

3rd I attended the Event Skladiste/SouthBohemian GeoMeeting MaxKim 60,931

4th Phileas the Frog TB Maple Leaf 40,989

5th The Red Pony rjackso 39,138

6th GB Geocoin Wavvy 36,865

7th Wavendon Williams' World Wide Wander Wavvy 36,685

8th Welsh Rugby Union The Blorenges 36,747

9th Postcard from the Kruger National Park S.A. The Blorenges 31,440

10th Stuey's Pilot Piggy Stuey 30,622

11th Cachewalkers Superbike Challenge 2009 - Bike 4 Malpas Wanderer 27,914

12th The Cache Cow Stuey 26,561

13th AQ-XTB2 messe 23,687

14th Messe Personal Geocoin messe 22,879

15th Kayak Bug Aggrajag 22,623

16th Purple Boxster TB Bear and Ragged 19,072

17th Australia GeoGuitar Geocoin genghicat 12,745

18th CacheCat Geocoin genghicat 9,672

19th The Three Wise Monkeys Great Race - Hear No Evil Stuey 8,528

20th Stuey's Gold Wales Geocoin Stuey 5,768

21st Stuey's Event Junkie 'Pengy and Tigger' Geocoin Stuey 5,529

22nd Captain Rex Traveller Legochugglers 625

Anymore?...Lets make this UK cacher only for the time being and see where goes,Bye[:)]

Edited by Messe

Hi,

there's Beaky the Duck, currently on 45402 miles. He did get picked up by a wandering computer service engineer in South Africa for a while, but that was more 'lots of caches' than 'lots of miles'. Currently trying to get to Bay Area California, but stuck near the East Coast.

Julian

That's a nice one - Four years on, does Darcey still follow Beaky's adventures?

It's nice to hear of TB's that are still travelling. Most of ours have gone missing, mainly in the hands of new cachers, However "John's Garmin Stonehenge GC" returned to us on Saturday at the Halloween event, having traveled 63590km,(39743 miles) visited 4 countries, 3 continents and been through the hands of 44 cachers. It was nice to bump into Poshrule who was the last cacher to pick it up.

The GC will now live happily in retirement just going to events to be discovered.

Here is the updated list...anymore cachers/casherettes want to give me there TB Mileage?

A-Z Head World Tour messe 82,811

Back from Down Under Stuey 77,000

I attended the Event Skladiste/SouthBohemian GeoMeeting MaxKim 60,931

Beaky the Duck The Swaffham Pryers 45,402

Al's Berkshire Search & Rescue Dogs Geocoin Al & Tracy Smith 42,114

Phileas the Frog TB Maple Leaf 40,989

John's Garmin Stonehenge GC lgxkls 39,743

The Red Pony rjackso 39,138

GB Geocoin Wavvy 36,865

Wavendon Williams' World Wide Wander Wavvy 36,865

Welsh Rugby Union The Blorenges 36,747

Postcard from the Kruger National Park S.A. The Blorenges 31,440

Stuey's Pilot Piggy Stuey 30,622

Cachewalkers Superbike Challenge 2009 - Bike 4 Malpas Wanderer 27,914

The Cache Cow Stuey 26,561

AQ-XTB2 messe 23,687

Messe Personal Geocoin messe 22,879

Kayak Bug Aggrajag 22,623

Purple Boxster TB Bear and Ragged 19,072

Australia GeoGuitar Geocoin genghicat 12,745

Henry Bear Paul & Ros 10,328

CacheCat Geocoin genghicat 9,672

The Three Wise Monkeys Great Race - Hear No Evil Stuey 8,528

Stuey's Gold Wales Geocoin Stuey 5,768

Stuey's Event Junkie 'Pengy and Tigger' Geocoin Stuey 5,529

Captain Rex Traveller Legochugglers 625

If this list gets bigger,i will make a Google Doc so you can just add your TB to that page...keep em coming

Hi Stuey..long time no see..will bash a few of your caches out when next down your way :ph34r: Thanks for info and have added them..take care :smile:

Thanks Wavvy for your input..have added them....600,000+ miles...get them up here bro...not only have they done a lot..they have not gone missing :o ....i am sorry to say...most of mine are `Where abouts unknown`..and usual its the Coins that walk..but we live in hope they will resurface...one day :unsure:

3rd I attended the Event Skladiste/SouthBohemian GeoMeeting MaxKim 60,931

4th Phileas the Frog TB Maple Leaf 40,989

5th The Red Pony rjackso 39,138

6th GB Geocoin Wavvy 36,865

7th Wavendon Williams' World Wide Wander Wavvy 36,685

8th Welsh Rugby Union The Blorenges 36,747

9th Postcard from the Kruger National Park S.A. The Blorenges 31,440

10th Stuey's Pilot Piggy Stuey 30,622

11th Cachewalkers Superbike Challenge 2009 - Bike 4 Malpas Wanderer 27,914

12th The Cache Cow Stuey 26,561

13th AQ-XTB2 messe 23,687

14th Messe Personal Geocoin messe 22,879

15th Kayak Bug Aggrajag 22,623

16th Purple Boxster TB Bear and Ragged 19,072

17th Australia GeoGuitar Geocoin genghicat 12,745

18th CacheCat Geocoin genghicat 9,672

19th The Three Wise Monkeys Great Race - Hear No Evil Stuey 8,528

20th Stuey's Gold Wales Geocoin Stuey 5,768

21st Stuey's Event Junkie 'Pengy and Tigger' Geocoin Stuey 5,529

22nd Captain Rex Traveller Legochugglers 625

Anymore?...Lets make this UK cacher only for the time being and see where goes,Bye[:)]

I think the Captain Rex traveller is going to need strong shoulders at the bottom of the table, however we have just gone up to 751 miles.

I have another question on TB's - when logging ones I've found, there seems to be a lot that fly to a distant country, sit in one box and then fly back. Surely this is unlikely if they're being left for another cacher, or is it acceptable to drop in a box and then take away again? Or is it common practice to cheat a little?

It's fine to take your trackable (or someone else's) out of the country for a short visit, then bring it back again... As long as you really did take it to the cache where you've logged the drop visit.

(Unless it states it must stay in a specific country/area, obviously. There are a few trackables around that are doing various races where the race requirement is for no Visits - only Drop-off, then Retrieve by a different cacher.)

MrsB

My Phileas the Frog TB completed 40989.4 miles in 5 years before disappearing somewhere in Norway last year ..... so isn't active at the moment.

Still hoping he may appear somewhere one day.

I've just had notification tonight that he is safe and still in Norway (after 18mths) .... and will be placed in a cache soon.

As soon as he is, can he join in your chart please :laughing: