GPS Receivers

danuke

Are there any receivers that just have a compass and the user's location; no maps, pretty graphics or other fancy bells and whistles except to display the location in as many formats as possible including Easting.

My wife's job includes sending reports in which various Agencies require specific locations in all sorts of formats.

Her group is trying to find a user friendly receiver to do this with; they are not interested in tracking, paths etc

Thanks,

~DN

Are there any receivers that just have a compass and the user's location; no maps, pretty graphics or other fancy bells and whistles except to display the location in as many formats as possible including Easting.

My wife's job includes sending reports in which various Agencies require specific locations in all sorts of formats.

Her group is trying to find a user friendly receiver to do this with; they are not interested in tracking, paths etc

Thanks,

~DN

There's a little keychain kind, basically for marking your car location, that I've seen on ebay for about $50. They typically allow a few locations to be set, and don't do much of anything. I also don't think they can do coord conversions. They might be pretty much junk. I've sometimes considered them for gifts, but haven't bought any.