Multiple Alias's for single profile

The Big Kid

I will start with my disclaimer, I am bad with computers, and I know squat about programming.

My thought is - as my logon name reflects that I do this as a family, so all us kids can enjoy a walk outside, I am trying to find out if it is a feasable feature to have multiple alias's for a single profile.

Example - when all of us go out - Me, wife, son and daughter, use full name. But, if just I go out, it would be nice to call myself the big kid, with the wife only - the big kids, with small variations for the permiutations(sp?) that I could go geocaching with different combinations of family members. I know this can be done when hiding a cache, but, to log a find doesn't seem to work.

This would allow me to log solo finds under one name, boys trip only etc, to match one logon, and one family profile.

I tried just changing my profile name for one trip and it changed all my old logs to the new name.

Anyone else think this would be a good feature? Or would it be WAAAAAY too much computing power to be feasable?

If this feature is already available, or has been brought up in another forum (I looked/ searched but couldn't find) I sound like a computer illiterate schmuck and now sit by my computer to read your wraith.

But at least tell me in your chastising how it works.

I believe it's been discussed before. The account I'm posting from right now is called a "Sock Puppet" account. It's so I can post and most people won't know who I am until it's too late!!! bwahahahah!

ahemmm... Actually, it's nothing nefarious. It's so I can get feedback on some of my schemes and not tip my hand to the locals. Area specific queries will still be handled in the chat, though.

Anyway, back on topic. I'd like this account to have the benefits of my charter membership, as well.

Maybe, in the new and improved site.

Speaking of. I'd sure like a teaser post to let us know what the evil scientists are cooking up for us.