Email notification of movements of a trackable

AlexUK51

As EdrickV says, you should get automatic email notifications for every "retrieved" and "placed it" log on your own trackable. If you have not seen any then the first place to check is any spam filter you may have on your emails.

If there's nothing caught there then come back and we'll try and solve the problem.

Incidentally, I had a quick look at your trackable balloon pin - It would be a good idea to smudge out the tracking number on the photo - It's almost readable. You should never show the tracking number of any trackable item in a 'public' place such as the trackable's home page, or in a log, or in a forum post. (At the top of this forum you'll see a pinned topic about this matter which explains in more detail.)

Edited to add - It has an odd number so maybe that's a generic photo of one, a sample pin? In which case it doesn't matter!

MrsB :)

Edited by The Blorenges

You should automatically get notifications any time someone places or retrieves your trackable without having to set up anything. You won't receive any notifications when your trackable visits a cache. I wish we did, but I suppose that would be a suggestion for the feedback forum.

They used to have it so trackable "visits" to a cache did generate emails, but quit that. I'm more glad than sad about that because I have a large number of trackables on my watch list and when the trackables were "visited" to every cache, it would create a ton of emails. I would like to get the notification for my own trackables' visits, though, just not for the watch list.

@OP--if you are not getting the emails for your own trackables, check your spam folders. That has been the solution for several people with the same question.

Thank you all for the comments.

I don't think any geocaching.com emails have gone into the spam folders but will re-check this when another movement of the geopin occurs.

@ The Blorenges: the photo of the geopin is indeed a generic photo and the almost readable number is not the true number of my own trackable. However, to avoid confusion I have reloaded the picture with the number eradicated.

I don't think any geocaching.com emails have gone into the spam folders but will re-check this when another movement of the geopin occurs.

@ The Blorenges: the photo of the geopin is indeed a generic photo and the almost readable number is not the true number of my own trackable. However, to avoid confusion I have reloaded the picture with the number eradicated.

I'm going to post a note on your geopin. You should receive email from that post. (Later I'll delete my note.)

I'm going to post a note on your geopin. You should receive email from that post. (Later I'll delete my note.)

Thank you for posting a note about the geopin, DoubleBent. Unfortunately it did not result in me receiving an automatic email.

OK, since you are receiving other emails from Groundspeak (I think you said you were, right?) the answer has to be in that 4-letter word: SPAM. For some email providers, for some reason, "Watchlist" emails are getting through, but "Owner" emails are being blocked.

Although I did not receive an email notification of your test post, DoubleBent, I did today receive an automatic email triggered by someone logging my geopin in another cache. (Email pasted below)

[You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

Alpha Gang placed Geotees Trackapin Balloon (Geotees Trackapin) in Lord Reith and the Mystery of the 100 Steppies! at 10/23/2011

Log Date: 10/23/2011

Dropped in Lord Reith and the Mystery of the 100 Steppies!]

So it seems sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.