Software 4.50 for Nuvi 37xx

ceeG

Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.50:

Added the ability to import .GPX route files for use in Trip Planner.

Improved the data transfer speed from a PC to the device SD card over a USB cable.

Fixed a WebUpdater error that caused incomplete software updates to be reported as complete.

Fixed an error that caused the device not to exit sleep mode properly.

Fixed an error that affected route calculation with 2011.10 maps.

Fixed a Trip Planner routing error.

Fixed an error the caused the German voice to skip while giving directions.

Fixed an error that caused the World Clock to display a future date.

Fixed an error that caused the QWERTY keyboard to appear when the numeric keyboard should have appeared.

Set device to switch to night mode while in tunnels.

Brightness now changes gradually between day and night in ?Auto? mode.

Get it here

Edited by ceeG

I feel like the Sorcerer's Apprentice. All I wanted was to be able to import routes into my 3760. Now I can, and all I want to be able to do now is NOT import routes ! :P

I saved a gdb file as a gpx and dropped it into the gpx folder on my nuvi. When I rebooted YAY all my routes were in the trip planner. Next time I rebooted OOPS there are now 2 of all my routes in the trip planner. I deleted the gpx file from the nuvi and BAM 3 copies of all my routes ... I deleted all the trips 1 by 1 then rebooted, and back they came ... It seems as though the nuvi is copying the gpx route data into an internal space before parsing it and not clearing the space out when it is done.

Reported to garmin support (yes the same people who told me the day after this update was released that there were no plans to develop any way of importing data into the trip planner).

Well at least there is some hope in all of this.

Does doing a "send to GPS" from Mapsource or Basecamp not work?

I'm sure they will get it sorted eventually, this missing feature is what has prevented me from buying one of these units.

Wonder if they will add this to the 2xxx range?

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I think it is behaving now. I deleted everything in the /gpx folder on the nuvi then did a "clear user data" hard reset, it came back up with only the 3 garmin offices as favourites and no saved routes. B)

Even better though, I then loaded a test file in mapsource with 1 waypoint and 1 route and sent it to the gps from mapsource, and now I've brought the nuvi back up both the waypoint and the route are there. So it looks as though sending routes to the nuvi is now working exactly the way we all want it to.

I've had another play with loading the routes from gpx files. While it works fine and isn't giving me multiple copies any more (I'm not going to try to understand that one, it's a windows computer talking to garmin firmware, the possibilities are endless) there doesn't seem to be any advantage doing it that way over just sending them from Mapsource, so I'll just do it from Mapsource in future.

What would be really good is if removing the gpx file also removed the routes (like it does with caches on the Oregon) or if we had a "remove all" option in thr trip planner but as it stands the only way to get rid of all the routes is either delete them 1 by 1 or clear all user data.

Edited by ceeG