quote:
Originally posted by ACME geocachers:

The term "riff raff" is being tossed around the "log in to see coordinates" thread. We need to decide on an official definition. Choose from:

I have posted the definition from Webster's in the "log in to see coordinates" thread. Unfortunately none of the choices you offer match so I too will not vote.

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

__***COWBOY NEAL!***__

(For those of you who aren't longtime readers of http://slashdot.org/, the ROFL humor of that may have escaped you, but trust me, it was funny. icon_biggrin.gif)

Hmm. There's a good idea for another poll... How many people here also read Slashdot?

I actually discovered Geocaching through Slashdot. I can't imagine that I'm the only one...

icon_wigogeocaching.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

__***COWBOY NEAL!***__

(For those of you who aren't longtime readers of http://slashdot.org/, the ROFL humor of that may have escaped you, but trust me, it was funny. icon_biggrin.gif)

Hmm. There's a good idea for another poll... How many people here also read Slashdot?

I actually discovered Geocaching through Slashdot. I can't imagine that I'm the only one...

icon_wigogeocaching.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cheesehead Dave:

Hehe... I discovered geocaching through Slashdot... and then since I had no money for a GPS receiver, I promptly forgot all about it. When I finally rediscovered geocaching, I had a MAP 330 that very evening. (And I even, eventually, remembered that I had seen it all before a long time ago. icon_biggrin.gif)

quote:
Originally posted by Cheesehead Dave:

Hehe... I discovered geocaching through Slashdot... and then since I had no money for a GPS receiver, I promptly forgot all about it. When I finally rediscovered geocaching, I had a MAP 330 that very evening. (And I even, eventually, remembered that I had seen it all before a long time ago. icon_biggrin.gif)

Riff raff, hmm...well none of the definitions there fit my idea of what riff raff is, I think of riff raff as being those whose intentions are ignoble, who's desire is to spoil the fun, not partake in it, who's idea of the game is vandalizing others caches, or taking without leaving, or logging, stealing travel bugs and so on. Basicly folks who aren't too nice.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

Riff Raff

Name of the butler in “The rocky Horror Picture Show”

Is that what you meant? icon_wink.gif

The judges have ruled that your answer was indeed in the form of a question, so congratulations, Harrald: YOU are today's "Jeopardy Grand Champion!"

(Did you get to see Rocky at Circle in the Square with Joan Jett and Dick Cavett? It was terrific!)

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

Riff Raff

Name of the butler in “The rocky Horror Picture Show”

Is that what you meant? icon_wink.gif

The judges have ruled that your answer was indeed in the form of a question, so congratulations, Harrald: YOU are today's "Jeopardy Grand Champion!"

(Did you get to see Rocky at Circle in the Square with Joan Jett and Dick Cavett? It was terrific!)