Loading a pocket query on to a Garmin eTrex 20

yodasands

OK Duncan I down load the PQ right click the .gpx and the wpts.gpx file right to the device using it as a mass storage deice.

No I have not disconnected it, but I have not loaded them all at the same time. So Yes you could consider it a disconnect between each file transfer.

I am sorry about the misunderstanding about GSAK. I thought I read you could split down the files size. I guess that is not the case. I do not use it. Nor do I use base camp. I have been working right with the unit and the PC (Windows 7 X64).

Any further questions I will do what I can t answer them.

Thanks for the reply.

I appear to have had some success last night and today. My Etrex30 now has several GPX files on it and they all load. The largest is 8.3mb and there are others of 5.1mb, 3.4mb and 2.1mb. There are also several less than 2mb.

These gpx files are inside the Garmin/GPX folder on the device. Most of them were copied across using Basecamp but the largest 4 were just dragged and dropped in Windows Explorer.

The only thing that I can see that I've done that is different from previously is that I installed 3 routes on the device. This was done by importing 3 route gpx files (from a mountain walking website) into Basecamp and them exporting them from basecamp to the device.

Since having routes on the device I've been able to export several gpx files of caches. After exporting each file from Basecamp I closed Basecamp and then did a 'Safely remove hardware' in Windows. The export worked every time.

With the files that I dragged and dropped I usually did a SRH between each one. In two instance I dragged and dropped 2 files - the time with small files both copied across and worked as expected but the the time with 2 large files the GPS hang as previously.

I've been able to copy across over 10 files now with a successful one at over 7mb.

It would be interesting to know if creating routes on the device works for others as well.

Duncan

Did not work for me. :(

FYI-

No problems adding PQ's to my etrex 30. I received my etrex 30, upgraded the firmware to 2.30, loaded some gpsfiledepot maps using basecamp, and then loaded 2 500 cache PQ's by dragging and dropping.

baker

BTW, I'm having problems adding PQ's to my etrex 30 now. I can no longer add PQ's, including small ones. If I go back to my original 2 PQ's from about a week ago, they work fine.

Patiently waiting for Garmin to release an update for the unit...

baker

FYI-

No problems adding PQ's to my etrex 30. I received my etrex 30, upgraded the firmware to 2.30, loaded some gpsfiledepot maps using basecamp, and then loaded 2 500 cache PQ's by dragging and dropping.

baker

BTW, I'm having problems adding PQ's to my etrex 30 now. I can no longer add PQ's, including small ones. If I go back to my original 2 PQ's from about a week ago, they work fine.

Patiently waiting for Garmin to release an update for the unit...

baker

i though these Garmins call themselves paperless !

what about StressLESS. That would be nice..

This whole issue seems so complicated from a beginners point of view.

Where do I find newbie instructions for adding Geocaches to my Etrex 30.

When i originally decided on getting a Garmin i was told it was easy to add Caches because you just chooseyour cache, then just click on the 'Send to my GPS' button and it finds your Garmin and then sends it. Easy !!! i did that.

So the major problem i guess is because we all want to download a 1000 caches at a time.

SO isnt this issue something that we should all try and badger Geocaching.com or Opencaching.com to change this website, rather than getting Garmin to update their software to import them a rather out dated type of way of manually unzipping, copying and pasting files into a location the device.

or am i completely wrong ??

Nick

'Send to my GPS' is, of course, still an option - but not one that many premium members would choose to use apart from an exceptional basis to add one or two to a PQ. Download, unzip and copy doesn't seem that tough. Your option is to take your caches at 500 or less at a time on your PQ and receive them unzipped and then copy them, but the simple unzip to achieve the 1000 per PQ seems a worthwhile option to most of us. Remember that gc.com is supplying these PQs for a lot of different brands and units with a lot of different application (or no application) requirements for loading caches. What they're doing now as a 'least common denominator' approach works pretty well.

When i originally decided on getting a Garmin i was told it was easy to add Caches because you just chooseyour cache, then just click on the 'Send to my GPS' button and it finds your Garmin and then sends it. Easy !!! i did that.

As ECAnderson noted, you can still do that, but it gets tedious if you want to load more than a few geocaches.

Unfortunately, Garmin chose to write their user manuals to focus on their own OpenCaching website, so the instructions say to go to that website, create an account, and follow the steps listed there. Doesn't do you much good if you want to get cache information from Geocaching.com!

But the principle is the same: .gpx files go in the Garmin/GPX folder on your device. So get a pocket query or other .gpx file, connect the eTrex to your computer via a USB cable, open the device on your desktop, open the Garmin folder to see the GPX folder, then drag your .gpx files into the GPX folder. Eject the device properly, disconnect it from the USB cable, turn it on, and select Geocaches from the main menu.

Patty

Stopped by My Dashboard on garmin.com today and it said that a software update was available. I didnt see any documentation that stated what the upgrade was for. I let it do the update and then tested a 5.9 MB PQ with a 1000 caches. It still hung on startup. I went in and checked the software version on the device and it still says 2.30. I wonder what the update was for...

Stopped by My Dashboard on garmin.com today and it said that a software update was available. I didnt see any documentation that stated what the upgrade was for. I let it do the update and then tested a 5.9 MB PQ with a 1000 caches. It still hung on startup. I went in and checked the software version on the device and it still says 2.30. I wonder what the update was for...

I had the same update yesterday and it did nothing beneficial for my PQ issue, nor did it change the version number.

baker

I had the same update yesterday and it did nothing beneficial for my PQ issue, nor did it change the version number.

baker

It is a language update.....

i though these Garmins call themselves paperless !

what about StressLESS. That would be nice..

This whole issue seems so complicated from a beginners point of view.

So the major problem i guess is because we all want to download a 1000 caches at a time.

SO isnt this issue something that we should all try and badger Geocaching.com or Opencaching.com to change this website, rather than getting Garmin to update their software to import them a rather out dated type of way of manually unzipping, copying and pasting files into a location the device.

or am i completely wrong ??

Nick

The problem is that there is a bug in the software for the new Etrex line. You are supposed to be able to download a pocket query, unzip it, and put it right onto the device. This isn't something that Groundspeak can fix, the problem is in the GPS units themselves, so it's up to Garmin to fix it. A workaround on the Geocaching.com side would be to make smaller pocket queries. (Though I like the idea of splitting pocket queries into smaller ones via GSAK better, since you could get the same coverage as the original pocket query.)

I just got a new etrex 20 and sure enough mine has the software problem too. I did several pocket querys, one with 500 caches, 100 caches and then 25 caches. I dragged and dropped the pocket query into garmin > gpx folder. I tryed them all seperatley and the only one that worked was the query with 25 caches. So I guess I will call Garmin on Mon. A little aggrivating but once its fixed it will be super easy to use!

I appear to have had some success last night and today. My Etrex30 now has several GPX files on it and they all load. The largest is 8.3mb and there are others of 5.1mb, 3.4mb and 2.1mb. There are also several less than 2mb.

Duncan

So it would appear that my apparent success was not that much of a success. Whilst away for 3 days I had to reset the unit on numerous occasions by resorting to removing a battery. On one short walk of 3 miles with 3 caches the GPS froze at least 5 times. This occurred either trying to click 'Go', read a description or read a hint. The problem had occurred the previous day and continued the following day and I had to resort to manually entering waypoints with coordinates read from my phone.

This is my first dedicated GPS unit and it's a joke.

Below is a response which I got from Garmin reporting the issue on loading files. I've yet to try it but will devote some time to it tomorrow...

> Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

>

> I will be happy to assist you with your enquiry. Whilst it appears that some users have reported similar issues, there are no definite faults that we are aware of so it is possible that one of these files included may be corrupted but there are some things you are able to try

>

> First can you connect the unit to the computer to access mass storage mode, which will allow you to access this on your computer as a separate drive. Please can you access this and enter the Garmin folder, where you will find a folder for GPX. Please can you remove the files from here entirely, then remove the device and allow this to start up fully before reconnecting and trying the download again? Once complete you should be able to load this correctly.

>

> If this still fails are you able to try other files of this size or load the files manually if containing multiple geocache files as it is possible that part of the data is corrupted in someway

I wonder if the new .30 language update has caused this ? Mine was working fine until last night but now it fails on just one .gpx file. I have even deleted it and created a new PQ but it still fails. The file is only for 65 caches and 590.8k. I have loaded 7 other .gpx files to my Etrex 20 and they all work ok.

It was working ok with this file before but since adding the new .gpx files it hangs on start up.

Bertrum, that's the exact issue I have. I seem to be able to get single geocache files, even multis, to load up - so long as each gpx has one cache in it I can load several. But as soon as I add in a gpx with more than one cache in it, FAIL!

And I think you are right that it wasn't the 2.30 upgrade that broke it, but the language update (or whatever the hell that was) which came on afterwards.

Now if only I can convince Garmin of this analysis so that a downgrade firmware install can be made available.

I have recently purchased an ETREX 30, upgrading from my old gps60, out of the box it worked fine, accepting GPX files and individual caches from map or search results sent to GPS.

For pocket queries and GPX data, you do need to place both gpx and wpt-gpx in the GPX folder on the device, they should be unzipped. Drag and drop seems to work the best rather than via basecamp.

Then I allowed the GARMIN webupdater to update the software on the ETREX, end result PROBLEM. The device wont accept GPX files anymore.

As usual you would connect device to PC, unzip the gpx file, drag and drop into the GPX folder on the device, disconnect from PC and restart. Unfortunately when you then switch device on for the etrex to reboot, it will hang at the loading waypoints, tracks and routes screen. The only way out then is to remove the batteries. When you switch on and select geocache from the menu there will be the "NO geocache" message. If you check the folder on the device from windows explorer the file is there it is just not seen by the etrex.

If you dont want to be able to use pocket queries to download multiple cache data then by all means update to the new software, you will still be able to download 1 cache at a time from the search results by sending to GPS or from themap screen by sending to GPS, but you will most definitely get ANNOYED in the end.

The only fix for this appears to be to roll back the software to the out of the box version, I have an emailfrom Garmin Uk support with this file. First you need to go to the GPX folder on the etrex and delete any data you have downloaded within, then drag and dropthe GCUPDATE.GCD file into the GARMIN folder, disconnect from PC switch back on let the software roll back to an earlier version.

Once complete your device will work as it should, or at least mine now does.

Garmin admit they have been able to recreate this problem to some extent but will not admit that there is a problem.

So anyone who is having difficulties INUNDATE GARMIN with complaints and customer support requests until they fix it, quite simply either there is a fault with their software or some of their devices are faulty in some way.

If you want the roll back software then message me 'mpallen140369' and I will email it to you.

Regards

Martin

The only fix for this appears to be to roll back the software to the out of the box version, I have an emailfrom Garmin Uk support with this file. First you need to go to the GPX folder on the etrex and delete any data you have downloaded within, then drag and dropthe GCUPDATE.GCD file into the GARMIN folder, disconnect from PC switch back on let the software roll back to an earlier version.

Hi,

Can you try to transfer this cache to the etrex 30: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gc11k26 Monasterium SM ad Lacum

When I do so, the device stalls too at loading waypoints during bootup. (Firmware 2.30)

There is an html table in the "text" maybe this is causing problems.

Edited by Tolomir

Hi,

Can you try to transfer this cache to the etrex 30: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gc11k26 Monasterium SM ad Lacum

When I do so, the device stalls too at loading waypoints during bootup. (Firmware 2.30)

There is an html table in the "text" maybe this is causing problems.

Hi Tolomir,

I have rolled back my software to the 2.20 as the 2.3 was causing the freeze issue on my device and would not recognise cache data, Garmin are apparently looking into this although wont admit this is a software or hardware issue at present.

Under 2.20 I have sent this cache Monasterium SM ad Lacum .... to my device from the geocache site and received it, device turns on no problem and recognises the cache info, although its all in german.

The problem again appears to be experienced when running firmware 2.30.

If you can try rolling back to 2.20

I can forward you the email I have from garmin with the attached file.

either post your email or message me on geocaching.com if you want to try rolling back the firmware.

Just FYI...I have an etrex 20 and also unalbe to load more then 25 caches into it when doing a pocket query. I called Garmin they told me it is a software problem, said estimated arrival time is in next few weeks for the software upgrade. Chris at Garmin said to keep checking for updates but should be 4 wks or less.

I just rolled back to 2.20 using the gcupdate file and my 500 cache, 2.6MB PQ loads with no problems. Thanks Martin!

baker

I rolled my firmware back also and I have an eTrex 20. I used Mpallen's firmware he had for eTrex 30. :laughing: I figured if it broke it I would return it as I am still in the 30 day window. But downgraded fine back 2.20.

I just rolled back to 2.20 using the gcupdate file and my 500 cache, 2.6MB PQ loads with no problems. Thanks Martin!

baker

I rolled my firmware back also and I have an eTrex 20. I used Mpallen's firmware he had for eTrex 30. :laughing: I figured if it broke it I would return it as I am still in the 30 day window. But downgraded fine back 2.20.

Kipper01,

Well done, I was waiting for confirmation from Garmin that it would work on the ETREX 20 but you have solved that question for everyone.

We appear to have a fix for both the ETREX 20 and 30.

If you have this problem and want totry rolling back the firmware to 2.20, then message me your email address via geocaching.com and I will forward it to you.

Martin

All,

Email response from Garmin below.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Dear Martin ,

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

Whilst I appreciate that you are trying to assist people, the old software provided was to assist you, in troubleshooting your particular issue. Although you have discovered that it appears to work with your device, and possibly others, as software updates are released to improve things within the device, loading older software is done at the users own risk, and we cannot offer any support for issues that may arise from using the older software, as it is likely that this has already been resolved, or the backdating itself has caused this, so if you are going to share this information or obtain this through other ways then you need to ensure that this information is clearly understood by all involved.

The file is for both the Etrex 20 and 30 as they do use the same software, but please be aware that although users are experiencing similar issues, they may not necessarily be the same problem, as, as you can see in the forums and we have discovered from our own experiences this is not affecting everyone, so this may not work on every device, or work differently, so you do need to make clear that this is not a fix and may not in fact change anything.

Unfortunately, whilst it would appear that software is a factor, if this was the only problem then it would affect every device on this version of software, which has not been the case, so suggests a secondary factor in conjunction with the software which is causing this, for instance I have had customers that have had issues with one set of Pocket queries but others have worked correctly, and thus until this secondary factor is also determined we cannot guarantee that changing the software will resolve this.

Also please note that whilst this may assist some people in getting this working, we would actually advise customers to simply wait for the fix to be implemented as simply backdating the software is not actually resolving the issue, Nor would we recommend performing this for any other issue you may come across, as whilst in this case it is something that is being looked into, if people simply backdate software each time an issue occurs then it would slow down the process of finding a resolution, if the issue is even reported at all.

If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know. Alternatively you can search for a solution here: http://www.garmin.co.uk/support

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But it does seem that it is nice to have the option of rolling back to previous software just in case there is a bug with the new release.

So this 'Rollback' is ok for both the etrex 20 and 30, Garmin are working on the issue and no doubt there will be a new release of Firmware in the coming weeks.

Personally though I will be keeping this rollback option as 2.30 certainly doesnt work for me until they fix it 2.20 is the only way that i can use my device as it was intended.

:D:lol::D

Whoop Whoop I'm back on 2.20 after reading the latest updates and everything is back to how it should be :D

What gets me is that Garmin are still pushing out this 2.30 update when they know it is causing problems for some/all users.

Oh well lets ignore 2.30 for now and wait for 2.40. Think I'll wait this time before I apply updates again :o

Well apparently Garmin does read Geocaching.com. :anitongue:

I think Garmin should be thankful Mpallen helped them. Because most likely I would have returned my GPS and went with another non-gamin GPS. I am still trying to figure why Garmin still has 2.30 available as an update...

Thanks again!

Just a little information that Garmin shared with me when I contacted them about rolling back the FW on my eTrex 30. I'm glad they are watching the site. This is an issue that needs addressed quickly. Still love my new gps.

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

I will be happy to assist you with your Etrex 30 today.

We are definitely seeing an issue with the 2.30 in this area. We have

not been able to duplicate a fix using 2.20 as we do not have a GCD file

available for that version.

We are expecting a software update in the next 48 hours that we have

tested and found that it fixed this issue. I would wait until tomorrow

and run WebUpdater with the Etrex 30 to see if it updates. If not you

may want to run it the next day.

This just in from Garmin also...

Dear Mr. Sands

Please update your device, we have just released a new update for the units, then try your pocket query again and keep me posted.

Thank you

Web Updater

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27

Best Regards,

Cecil M.

Outdoor/Fitness Specialist-Day Shift

Garmin International

1200 E 151 St.

Olathe Ks, 66062

1-800-800-1020

www.garmin.com

I ran the update. It is version 2.40. It mentions updates to the geocaching experience and the ability to process larger files.

After the update I tried one of the original 1000 cach PQs that I had originally tried and....it works!!!

The status bar scrolls across the screen as it loads. Total startup time is less than a minute.

Thanks for the update Garmin.

Dan

I ran the update. It is version 2.40. It mentions updates to the geocaching experience and the ability to process larger files.

After the update I tried one of the original 1000 cach PQs that I had originally tried and....it works!!!

The status bar scrolls across the screen as it loads. Total startup time is less than a minute.

Thanks for the update Garmin.

Dan

Success for me with 2.40 on the etrex 30. I've loaded 2 diff PQ's that were troublesome on 2.30.

baker

This are the changes:

Changes from version 2.30 to version 2.40:

Improvements to the geocaching experience. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2011/09/improved-geocaching.html) for more information.

Improved behavior on startup when importing large numbers of waypoints, tracks, routes, or geocaches

Fixed issue where the progress bar would not display any progress when importing waypoints, tracks, routes, and geocaches

Fixed issue with very long geocache descriptions

Fixed shutdown when reviewing certain geocache descriptions

Fixed issue where some auto-archived tracks would be named in English regardless of user language

Fixed issue with track log recording while using the stopwatch

Fixed potential shutdown while scrolling through Garmin Connect photos

Fixed minor graphical issue with the backlight slider on the status page

Modified default map trails to appear as dashed red lines

Changes from version 2.20 to version 2.30:

Improved support for Russian cartography.

Changes from version 2.10 to version 2.20:

Added support for advanced geocache logging with OpenCaching.com. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2011/08/advanced-geocache-logging-with-opencachingcom.html) for more information.

Another report of success with firmware 2.40 from me. I successfully dragged across 3 files (8.4mb, 4.6mb,5.1mb) and the unit loaded them and displayed their contents as expected. I was also able to list them and choose random ones to navigate to.

I like the way in which it now displays cache information.

I'm away for a few days and hope to give it a thorough testing in the field...

Duncan

Another report of success with firmware 2.40 from me. ... the unit loaded them and displayed their contents as expected. I was also able to list them and choose random ones to navigate to.

I like the way in which it now displays cache information.

Duncan

I fully agree to this post.

This are the changes:

Changes from version 2.30 to version 2.40:

Improvements to the geocaching experience. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs....geocaching.html) for more information.

Improved behavior on startup when importing large numbers of waypoints, tracks, routes, or geocaches

Fixed issue where the progress bar would not display any progress when importing waypoints, tracks, routes, and geocaches

Fixed issue with very long geocache descriptions

Fixed shutdown when reviewing certain geocache descriptions

Fixed issue where some auto-archived tracks would be named in English regardless of user language

Fixed issue with track log recording while using the stopwatch

Fixed potential shutdown while scrolling through Garmin Connect photos

Fixed minor graphical issue with the backlight slider on the status page

Modified default map trails to appear as dashed red lines

Changes from version 2.20 to version 2.30:

Improved support for Russian cartography.

Changes from version 2.10 to version 2.20:

Added support for advanced geocache logging with OpenCaching.com. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs....cachingcom.html) for more information.

So it wasn't the length of the gpx file? Interesting. <gloat mode off>

Hi Everyone,

I just got my Etrex 20 yesterday. It took a little work, but I finally figured it out. I spoke with a Garmin Tech. There's a software issue with version 2.3 that causes problems with loading large batches of caches. They've fixed this problem software update 2.4. So first thing you have to do go to Garmin's website & download their software updater. Then update your etrex 20 software. Then with your Garmin still connected to your computer, open up the Garmin folders. You should see a folder named "Documents" & a folder named "Garmin." Open the "Garmin" folder, then open the "GPX" folder. Copy & paste your zipped Pocket Query into this folder. (Don't put it into any of the sub-folders.) Then click on the zipped folder to open it. Copy both files that are in the zipped folder and paste into the "GPX" folder. (Just leave them "loose" in the "GPX" folder. Don't put them in a sub folder." You can now delete the "zipped" folder. Close out all your folders, unplug the etrex from your computer, turn the etrex on, wait for it to load the new info, toggle to "Geocaches", select it, and walaaa!!!! They should all be there. Good luck. I hope that helps.

Sorry to dredge this up, but I've been having problems with my new eTrex 30, running version 3.60. Same thing: big PQ of 1000 caches won't load properly. In fact, it freezes during startup and crashes. Then, next time I turn it on, it'll start up instantly but will only load some caches. It'll miss out others and they simply won't show up. Any clues?

Before taking it back I'd be tempted to redownload the PQ from Geocaching.com, and also create another large PQ but from a different area and try that - in case there's something in the PQ that's bad.

I regularly load PQs of 2-3000 onto my Etrex30, and haven't had a problem, I think I'm still on 3.60 (but can't check at the mo)

My wife gave me a new Garmin eTrex 20x for Christmas. Despite the relative simplicity of the device, I found Garmin's documentation severely lacking, especially with regard to methods for loading GPX files onto the device. Nevertheless, I dug in and completed some research, and discovered the process was shockingly simple: treat the device like a simple USB flash drive and copy the files using Windows File Explorer. (Is it really so difficult to state this simply and up front in the device manual?)

I started by downloading a GeoTour which my buddy and I had started several weeks back. The GPX file copied and loaded quickly and I thought I was in business, until I tried to load a GPX for a Pocket Query.

By the way, some of us are n00bs and don't understand all of the abbreviations, like PQ; it would be a good idea for folks to keep that in mind when contributing to these threads.

The GPX file for my first Pocket Query generated a result of approximately 560 caches and seemed to be well within the limits described by other contributors to this thread. Still, after copying the file to my device, none of the caches appeared on the map or in what is essentially a custom list of waypoints. I further refined the query and brought the total number of caches down to approximately 230. Still, the Pocket Query would copy to the device but would not be available within the list of caches in which the GeoTour caches were already presented.

Now, I've read plenty of supposition on the reasons why the caches within the Pocket Query GPX may not be listed but all of the conversation revolves around the device software, version 2.30 versus 2.20 or 2.10, etc. All of this ignores the simple fact that some GPX files from the Geocaching website work (i.e. GeoTours) while others (Pocket Queries) do not.

Since I have a bit of background with XML schemas, I opened each of the GPX files in Notepad and compared the tags in each. I discovered there is one remarkable difference between the GeoTour GPX file which worked, and the Pocket Query GPX file which failed... There's an additional XML tag in the Pocket Query file which does not exist in the GeoTour file. After I eliminated the extra tag, saved and closed the Pocket Query GPX file, and then copied it back to the device... SURPRISE!!! It loaded correctly. Imagine that!

So, the offending tag? It's the <bounds [...] /> tag.

In my case, the tag looked something like this...

<bounds minlat="nn.nnnnnn" minlon="nnn.nnnnnn" maxlat="nn.nnnnnn" maxlon="nn.nnnnnn" />

To be clear, I first attempted to load the Pocket Query GPX file, unaltered, to my device, and it failed. After removing the file from my device, saving it to my local Desktop, opening the file and deleting the <bounds /> tag, saving the file and copying it back to my device, the caches are now available. That's it; I made no other changes.

This issue is probably a limitation of the device software, in that it doesn't know what to do with the extra tag. However, a bit of consistency on the part of the Geocaching website might also be in order. I might suggest the simple elimination of the <bounds /> tag from the query generator template. In the meantime, I'll be sure to edit my GPX files prior to copying them to my device for the foreseeable future.

Here's hoping what I've learned may help others having similar problems.

Please note, this is not meant as any sort of sleight against the Garmin eTrex 20x; I love the device and am looking forward to many years of caching with it. But, neither the documentation from Garmin, nor the data files generated by the Geocaching website are simple and straight-forward enough for novice users, which may prove a deterrent in a consumer marketplace. I would ask that both Garmin and Geocaching evaluate their pieces of the puzzle and try to iron out the defects.

Thanks,

KAPA Pilot