Awards for CITOing?

CACAHUETES

You could also Complete this one:

10,000 Fewer Pieces of Litter

We have a handful of "copycat" Challenges similar in my area, that are more location specific.

Some folks, including myself, have Adopted a portion of trail/road/highway, and in some cases you get a pretty cool sign put up in your honor, if you need something more visible:

Adopt-a-Highway Thread

While I generally agree with doing CITO for it's own reward, there's nothing wrong with getting an "attaboy" for performing many hours of volunteer work either.

Thanks for doing your part and good luck!

CITO. Wow now thats a phrase we should all help with. My sons and I are Scouters. They are both Eagles and wouldn't dream of walking over something that doesn't belong there, unless it's in thier rooms. lol. CITO is new to us as we have just gotten into it but practicing LNT ( Leave No Trace ) is something we have done all our Scouting carreer. The satisfaction is not getting an award but knowing that we helped keep the wildlife a little safer, and the mountains a little cleaner. Thier are a few badges in scouting for this type of service to the enviroment. We could call on our local scout units to help with the CITO events. They use the hours for rank advancement and can earn bagdes for geocaching as well. It's kinda new in scouting and units are always looking for prodjects they can help with.

We just did our 10th CITO yesterday. Coffee & doughnuts while getting our assignments, pizza lunch when we finished, and two t-shirts each. Added to this was CITO bags to take and assorted pens and badge holders given out. Included in the badge holder was a mini first aid kit. We are getting a good collection of shirts from these events.

But . . . you gotta do it for the warm, fuzzy feeling you get. The goodies are just extra.