Changing background image

Woodduckdawg

Navigation> Edit cache listing.

Look for "Background Image URL: " and add the image URL to the box.

Image can be stored externally, or loaded to the cache page and linked.

If the page is already up (sounds like it is) post a Note to the page, load an image, make a note of the image link, delete the Note. The image is still on GS servers.

Thanks, but I cannot find a change background option. I can see where you add images to text, but I still cannot see where there is a background option. Thanks again.

On the cache edit page, below the date placed, and above the coordinates, is a box that says, "Background Image URL:" Put the url for your background image in that box.

Edited by Ambrosia

If the page is already up (sounds like it is) post a Note to the page, load an image, make a note of the image link, delete the Note. The image is still on GS servers.

you don't need to post any note the "upload Image" option is right there on the cache page top right corner under "Navigation" , sixth from the top

Edited by t4e

You can place a background image on a cache page but I don't think you can place a background image on a trackable page which is what I think you are trying to do. You can upload a photo that will appear on the trackable's page. Go to "Edit this Trackable". The second field is "Bug Image" with a link at the end to upload the image you want.

Thanks, but I cannot find a change background option. I can see where you add images to text, but I still cannot see where there is a background option. Thanks again.

On the cache edit page, below the date placed, and above the coordinates, is a box that says, "Background Image URL:" Put the url for your background image in that box.