Go4cache

paintball assassin

Well i don't have a smart phone. But if i did i wouldn't want to turn such a feature on. There is absolutely no reason why i would want to have my location broadcast to whoever wants to see it. Sure it would be interesting to see what other Geocachers may be in the same area as me but i certainly wouldn't want to broadcast that info. I doubt many other would either. If i happen to run across a fellow cacher while i'm out then great. There is enough of a privacy issue with cell phone companies being able to track where you at. I don't need to let other strangers do the same.

There is enough of a privacy issue with cell phone companies being able to track where you at.

Forget the cell company itself... the communications industry has been in bed with the gov't since the days of the telegraph!

There's A LOT more to it than just tracking where you are at -- most of it, us little people are clueless about.

Just sit back and think about it for a little bit... since the telegraph WHO benefits the most from the technology[ies]? We little people are third class, nothing more.

You are aware that they are monitoring you us right now....? Their super-computers ignore most things, but flag certain words/phrases and many codes.

... and no, I am not a conspiracy whatever-they-call-it person. :unsure:

Now, just where did I put my aluminum-foil hat?