Charter Member since...

parkrrrr

My profile says I've been a charter member since January. I've barely even been a member since January; I actually became a charter member at the beginning of this month. Is the "January" thing relevant at all? I'm not going to have to renew next January already, am I?

warm.gif

Mine says Charter Member since March of 2001. We didn't have charter memberships then. I registered with Geocaching.com on March 9, 2001. That's the date they're using.

Maybe the text should be changed to reflect a "registration" date like it does on the forum.

As far as when I became a Charter Member: is it really releavant - I don't think so. The only thing you would gain from that information is to know how long you played for free before subscribing. That borders on intrusion to my privacy.

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

As far as when I became a Charter Member: is it really releavant - I don't think so. The only thing you would gain from that information is to know how long you played for free before subscribing. That borders on intrusion to my privacy.

Just to clarify Markwell, some of us were donating to geocaching.com prior to the memberships. In fact I sent in $9.75 (my PayPal balance at that time) on my first visit to the site, before I had a chance to hunt my first cache.

I continued to donate $1 for each cache found until the membership option popped up.

Ironically the membership is considerably cheaper for me than my own scheduled donations.

Markwell is spot on. The date is the date you registered. If you became a charter member than it was retroactive from the date you created your account, but doesn't "start" from that date.

To jhwf4, the Pocket Queries is the main reason at the moment for becoming a premium member. It allows you to receive emails with up to 500 caches based on your search criteria. It also creates an eBook format you can read on your PDA.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location