Could not physically find my own cache.

Delons

Heck I just replaced my "missing" ammo can with a lock and lock. And that same day, someone logged find, so emailed and asked what they found......>>>> the ammo can.

So now I get to go back, and clean up the "throwdown" lock and lock and make another attempt finding my own cache. Too bad it's one of those really hard locate 50mm ammo cans :P

Heck I just replaced my "missing" ammo can with a lock and lock. And that same day, someone logged find, so emailed and asked what they found......>>>> the ammo can.

So now I get to go back, and clean up the "throwdown" lock and lock and make another attempt finding my own cache. Too bad it's one of those really hard locate 50mm ammo cans :P

50 mm? or 50 cal. :D

I just found one that someone had posted a DNF on. The CO said he checked and it was missing and placed a new container with a fresh log. I looked and seen way up in the tree a container and wondered how I would get to it. I ended up grabbing it and the log had all the old signatures. I'm guessing someone put it back up further then anyone expected. There were muggles about so I didn't look for the replacement one.

-WarNinjas

We went back to look on 2 of our caches, and we could not find them, but they were found the next day! What a fail!

Don't forget to log a DNF so the CO knows it might be missing. Oh, wait, never mind. :huh:

I have had that happen to me before too and in fact I have gone twice looking for it and have not been able to find this one cache in particular but others are still finding it. I am not sure whether I should be confused or just laughing at myself about this cache.

When you reach my age one of the joys is going with a friend to find a cache I have already found and being unable to locate it.

Plus meeting strangers (who you already been introduced to) is always fun.

LOL :laughing: Glad to hear I'm not alone, or maybe I knew but forgot!

It does help keep things from becoming boring.

When one of our caches started getting DNF logs, we went back and looked around. Couldn't find it, so we replaced it. Then we started getting logs about how the cache needed maintenance. A new cache? The heck? It finally clicked when we got a log saying that they had found two caches, one new, one broken. Had to ask them where the old one was; it had migrated about 30-40 feet away.

We moved from the area we started caching in a few months ago. Cachers in the group we were in adopted all of the hides that needed to be adopted. One of them was a pretty tough hide, in an natural hiding place, several feet off the ground. We got a note from our adopter not too long ago that a woodpecker had taken up residence in our hide site, and dumped our container on the ground outside. LOL Does that count as being muggled?

:lol::ph34r:

We moved from the area we started caching in a few months ago. Cachers in the group we were in adopted all of the hides that needed to be adopted. One of them was a pretty tough hide, in an natural hiding place, several feet off the ground. We got a note from our adopter not too long ago that a woodpecker had taken up residence in our hide site, and dumped our container on the ground outside. LOL Does that count as being muggled?

:lol::ph34r:

You know, it's against the guidelines to place a cache on private property. :laughing: