Pocket queries disappearing

Today I clicked on each of my 4 regular pocket queries and one by one they deleted!

I did not have them checked off nor did I click on the delete button. anyone else have this happen?

Same thing happened to me, only I stopped when the first one I clicked didn't download and was gone from the list of those ready for download. I did check and that one was still listed as being done and I could look at the settings for it.

This happened to me today. Got the usual email to say a PQ was ready for download but when I clicked on it to download as usual I got the message that it was not available then it disappeared. I seem to remember this happened 2 or 3 months ago and was sorted out quickly - let's hope this happens again.

Out of the five I ran yesterday and the five I ran today for a total of ten, I was able to download half (five) of them. One disappeared when I clicked on it. Then I used the right click and "save target as" to get the other five. Some were on my download list one moment and gone the next without being clicked. My ready to download list shows two from yesterday's run and three from today's.

Yep. The Frog's done this to us before. I got 1 PQ result, 2 others said they ran, but zilch nada. I think their TRS-80 is running out of disk space.

What kind of 2-bit operation lets their systems run out of space with no warning or pre-emptive measures taken to free up/add space?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, lost 3 PQ's I ran yesterday. I wonder if GS going to give us Refunds for this??

Yep. The Frog's done this to us before. I got 1 PQ result, 2 others said they ran, but zilch nada. I think their TRS-80 is running out of disk space.

What kind of 2-bit operation lets their systems run out of space with no warning or pre-emptive measures taken to free up/add space?

These kinds of comments might be a be presumptive. Yes, they have the odd problems kick up unexpectedly but really.... a refund? 2-bit operation? It's technology, It breaks down.... not really that big of a deal for the small amount we pay... What are you out, 9 cents? I'll send it to you myself if you really need it :). Of course, it'll have to be in CDN funds. B)

Edited by BigBadger

And now I look to see the PQs I downloaded this AM (and subsequently deleted) have re-appeared in the 'Ready for Download' tab. :huh: And the one I was missing is now there too.

Anyone missing PQs from this morning should check again! :)

Make sure you open the zip file and visibally examine the modify dates of the files within. Today I manually ran a PQ, it showed being ready for download... then I downloaded it, applied it to GSAK, and nothing happened. Went back to look at zip file and what the newly created zip has in it are GPX files from the last time it ran correctly 8 days ago. So you may not be as far along as you think.

Edited by Sky King 36

I am having pocket query problems tonight as well. I just ran five pocket queries which appeared to run normally. I got the email messages saying they were ready for download. But when I went to my Pocket Query page there were no pocket queries at all in the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download" list. Looks like pocket queries are disappearing into the ether.

I too had this issue on Saturday evening. Ran the usual five PQ's that I have used for a few months, but when I went to download them they disappeared as I clicked on each one. I remember that this happened awhile back ago, so Sunday morning I made 5 new PQ's and they worked fine. I notice that there were quite a few new caches published today, so I ran the 'new' PQ's again today (Monday) and they said that they were ready to be downloaded. Yet once again when I tried to download the files, they just disappeared. Needless to say I can not run my another 5 PQ's until tomorrow (Tuesday). Do we need to make new PQ's each time we want to update our PQ's database to load to our GPSr? Groundspeak, what is going on? Please let us know, otherwise I guess I will just have to run new PQ's each and everytime. I know you probably do not want that. Please advise all of us what is going on and when it will be fixed.

I don't want a refund, just that our PQ's will run properly. Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter.

Haven't experienced this problem myself, but one possible workaround that might work would be to use GSAK v8 Beta and let it download the pocket queries via the API.

I just ran 4 PQs and don't see them available for download 1/2 hour after receiving the email that they're available. I don't see them in GSAK v8 either.

Edited by Chrysalides

Tried running a couple Pocket Queries tonight. My Finds worked fine, the other two (regular Pocket Queries) appeared and then vanished as mentioned here. Now I'm wondering if somehow they are getting screwy timeout values or something that causes them to be deleted almost immediately. GSAK's cache data retrieval functions still work. As do queries that were run automatically early morning Monday. Only the two I tried running tonight, essentially manually, had issues. So whatever problem is happening doesn't seem to be constant.

I don't think the people that would fix it are reading this thread. You could try posting on the feedback thread, but I'm not sure it would make any difference since they said they're investigating it. (They do have to figure out what is going on before they can try and fix it. And that might take some time.)

Time to upgrade from hamsters to gerbils? Not to knock the frog, but a reply from a lackey to the topic would go a long way towards soothing the irked cachers.

What, actual communication between GC and its customers? You know it doesn't work like that. Things have to be prioritized first. Then added to the internal queue. Then lost, forgotten, remembered, typed up in triplicate, burned, reconstituted, voted on in committee, made available for public scrutiny, and prayed over by both the Pope and the Dalai Lama before being divided into segments, each to be posted in a different location.

All 5 of my PQs ran this morning. When I retrieved them via GSAK, they didn't download but they're still on the list. Attempt to download from the wenb and they're deleted.

If there's a major problem with my software at work and I don't talk to my users, I get yelled at by my whole chain of management and 2 others. It's going on 4 days now and NOTHING has been said anywhere.

Edited by dakboy

On Monday, one of my 4 regularly scheduled PQs disappeared as described. It showed up today, along with my three regularly scheduled Tuesday PQs. Of those three, two disappeared and one had not updated from last week, according to GSAK, although the PQ page sez it was generated today.

Time to upgrade from hamsters to gerbils? Not to knock the frog, but a reply from a lackey to the topic would go a long way towards soothing the irked cachers.

What, actual communication between GC and its customers? You know it doesn't work like that. Things have to be prioritized first. Then added to the internal queue. Then lost, forgotten, remembered, typed up in triplicate, burned, reconstituted, voted on in committee, made available for public scrutiny, and prayed over by both the Pope and the Dalai Lama before being divided into segments, each to be posted in a different location.

A more likely way to get a response here would be to post something about tathpags being trackable on G:Ceo on the BlueSquirrelCaching site.