scrfeen saver for oregon

gitarmac

I had one on my phone and it was terrible. It finally got so scratched up I took it off. What a differance!

I don't want my oregon to get scratched up like my phone, phones don't last long enough to matter, plus I don't need to see much on my dumb phone.

I'm willing to put up with a slight decrease in display if it's what I need. Can these things be taken off? Which one is the best one?

I had one on my phone and it was terrible. It finally got so scratched up I took it off. What a differance!

I don't want my oregon to get scratched up like my phone, phones don't last long enough to matter, plus I don't need to see much on my dumb phone.

I'm willing to put up with a slight decrease in display if it's what I need. Can these things be taken off? Which one is the best one?

Zagg

I've had one on all my Oregons from day one.

Yes, you will lose a very small amount of resolution - but it's saved my screens countless times, and it's almost indestructible :)

You can't really take them off and reuse them - but why would you need to. And they come with a lifetime guarantee, too.

I have an iPhone with which I use a matt screen protector. As I use the phone all the time I like this to be in excellent condition so as soon as it gets a scuff or a scratch I replace it. I then cut it down to size and use it on my Oregon 450. The 450 doesn't have to be 100% perfect and often, because it's a smaller screen, the imperfection can be cut off.

The current screen protector on my Oregon has a large scratch on it which I've gotten whilst caching - I shudder to think what would have happened to the screen had I not had it protected.

These things cost about 99p from Ebay. Go for it!

I just noticed I did not spell screen right. :blink:

I can't type on my netbook very well. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Anyhoo, I saw a recomendation of boxwave in another thread so I ordered a pack. I'm really paranoid about it getting scratched. It seems like a touch screen would get worn spots after awhile.

I'll post an after action report when it comes in.

I use a cheapish iphone screen protector from Walmart (3-pack), cut to size. It's nice and smooth without any glare, but it does eventually scratch up (just like the bare screen itself). When it's "used up", I just take it off and put a fresh one on.