Additional Field

Markwell

In the Survey Says forum, ~erik~ and the crew debated a solution for lame virtual caches. A really good suggestion of a field that would be hidden from public view, yet seen by approvers came up. This field would be mandatory fil-in on Virtual and Locationless Caches, and used to argue why this spot was such a good location for a virtual cache.

What ever became of that idea?

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

Of course I can't find it now, but I remember reading a post in which a user was quite upset that he would have to justify the appeal of his cache by including an extra description for the admins to read. icon_smile.gif

I think pretty much everyone else thinks it is a great idea... I don't see the harm in trying to make their job a little easier, and make the available caches of better quality if possible.

banana.gifThe Toe Pages

I'm sure Jeremy has added this to the long "Wish List".

In the meantime I have found some have accomplished the same thing by logging a "Note" to their own cache page which the admin is prompted to delete after reading. Others have simply added a "Note to the Reviewer" at the beginning of their text which is also deleted.

The only downside is that the record is deleted too. That may make it hard to reconstruct/defend later why that sneaker was posted as a cache.

erik - geocaching.com adminion lackey