Name Change

CacheCounter305

I was wondering if it's OK or even possible to change my user name. I've only found 48 caches so far, but will changing my user name wipe that out? It's probably looked down upon, but I thought of a really cool name and would like to switch. Comments?

Changing your name will not impact on any of your finds or stats. Nothing will be wiped out and you won't have to go back and change anything.

Once the name change has been accepted (i.e no one else has it) everything related to you on the site will change to the new name.

The only place your old name will remain is on the physical logs of the caches you have found so far, but I don't think the CO's are going to pick up on that.

When we changed our name the only thing we had to do was log out of and back into the forums with our new user name, so you may have to do that.

I quite like Professor Trelawney - a good Cornish name?

... I quite like Professor Trelawney - a good Cornish name?

I was just thinking the same thing! ;)

MrsB (of the An Gof bloodline)

Lol-I don't know if it's Cornish, but in my case I was referencing the Harry Potter series. I had always identified with Trelawney-the goofy, somewhat inept teacher. But, no one around here (Arkansas, U.S.) gets it. :rolleyes: Lol.

... I quite like Professor Trelawney - a good Cornish name?

I was just thinking the same thing! ;)

MrsB (of the An Gof bloodline)

Lol-I don't know if it's Cornish, but in my case I was referencing the Harry Potter series. I had always identified with Trelawney-the goofy, somewhat inept teacher. But, no one around here (Arkansas, U.S.) gets it. :rolleyes: Lol.

Too minor of a character. Roll with Lord Voldemort, and you should be good. And people would probably fear you.

I was wondering if it's OK or even possible to change my user name. I've only found 48 caches so far, but will changing my user name wipe that out? It's probably looked down upon, but I thought of a really cool name and would like to switch. Comments?

Changing your name will not impact on any of your finds or stats. Nothing will be wiped out and you won't have to go back and change anything.

Once the name change has been accepted (i.e no one else has it) everything related to you on the site will change to the new name.

The only place your old name will remain is on the physical logs of the caches you have found so far, but I don't think the CO's are going to pick up on that.

Well, it's very minor, but if you ever edited a cache log before the name change, it will still say "this entry was edited by [old username]" on such and such a date at the end of your log entry. Speaking as someone with a couple thousand finds who changed their name after about 7 years.