Hello All!

DeadEndKids

Hello everyone! My husband, 2 daughters (12 and 3) and I are new to the awesome hobby of Geocaching and we're hooked already! We started this past Saturday and between Sat. and Sun. found 6 caches. A couple of them were macros! We are using the open source app on my Samsung Captivate/Android and so far no complaints. The Coords can be off a bit but I'm seeing that can be the case with any GPS. We plan to invest in a good handheld GPS in the next couple of months.

We have one cache that we have attempted twice so far and have come up empty handed. It's frustrating when you don't find what you are looking for!! But still fun none-the-less.

I'm looking forward to meeting new people and really adding our caches found count before winter rears it's ugly head. We are from the Albany, NY area so if you are also from the area, don't be a stranger!!

I'm sure we will be back with questions at some point, but all the info on this site is enough to get us started!

Happy Hunting everyone!

~DeadEndKids~

Welcome to the fun! I started at the end of November last year so I can say that although winter caching sounds terrible, it is actually quite enjoyable if you dress appropriately. No bugs, no ticks, no leaves, few muggles, peaceful & beautiful surroundings, easier to see some caches, snow trails for extra help with difficult hides. Any way you choose to enjoy it, just ENJOY it!

Welcome aboard....its a really fun hobby esp. as you start traveling around the country a bit.

You'll here this a hundred times " Geocaching has taken me places and shown me things I never would have seen otherwise ".

These forums are packed with usefull info., check the GPS section when you get ready to buy a unit.....if you're in the neighborhood come see me at GCE02C.