For the love of.......please STOP Lamp Post Caches

AmishHacker

I have seen a few topics on this but I just cannot hold it in any longer. Swarm of surprise wasps came after me this last week when trying to log a LPC. When Geocaching is not fun....I don't want to do it. I do not know of anything that can be more boring or unimaginative than these LPC's. I can see them coming a mile away and is always in a muggle rich area. All I do is try to look like I am not doing a drug drop off and not get stung.

It scraped and made a very loud noise all the way up. You could see where it was lifted up each time and actually marked up the pole. It is technically damage to private property.

Your friend,

AmishHacker

The wasp thing is transient. If you made a log post, the owner should have disabled the cache and taken care of the issue. Something a geocacher around me refused to do. I ended up taking out the wasps myself.

Regardless of whether they are rampant or not, you are not under any obligation to log the LPC. If you can see mile off then give a 1/4 mile berth and keep on going. No rules saying you must log the find.

The damage thing, you have a point. Tell the CO. If you feel strongly enough, report it. But please do not labor under the assumption that posting here will change anything.

You could see where it was lifted up each time and actually marked up the pole. It is technically damage to private property.

But please do not labor under the assumption that posting here will change anything.

You have a point. WRT damage, posting here may have little to no effect on individual caches. Posting online in the cache logs would get the message out to the CO and future finders. Also adding photos of any damage will back up your report and provide the reviewer with evidence that the cache may need to be archived.