Moun10bike Geocoins Discovered

farrtom

Three Moun10bike geocoins were moved into caches on the same day. Two of the cashes were one day only bashes in 2007 and the other was archived back in 2007.

This person started their account the day before placing the coins. When I go to his/her acount is says they have moved 268 trackables, all Moun10bikes.

What is the protocol for when something like this happens? Can/is anything done about retrieving these coins and from the archived caches?

this cacher moved 268 moun10bike coins??? Only this type of coins? :blink::unsure:

and if I understood well... he/she may be keeping some? :huh:

Yes only moun10bike coins and it looks like they are only discovering and moving them, not keeping them.

I will send geocaching.com an email.

This peaks my curiosity. I started geocaching in July of 2008. I went to an event, just like any other noob, to get a few questions and feel for this new hobby.

K nothing unusual so far, however, that day, there was as at any event a contest with coins or swag as prizes. well I won my first coin, and apparently it was a special one, as I was being handed the coin, they were quite persistent about me holding on to and safe guarding this coin, and seemed like I was quite a popular guy that day as scores of folk wanted to see..er discover, even trade me for this coin.

That coin was a Moun10bike coin, and have had it since, esp when I heard that it supposedly holds clues to a secret cache hidden. Which I still think is well a bowl of wheaties.

Since that day, I had a few emails but after 2009 the coin just seems like any other, except it is a Mou10bike coin, the original geocache coin creator.

So now who has 268 of em? Would love to see the list, as I have always been curious as to what to do with this coin I possess.

Moun10Bike owns all his coins. Even the coins he gives to a cacher to keep stays under his user name. He is very active in making sure they are not logged improperly. Now that he is a Lackey he can also see the account status of anyone logging his coins.

I am sure that he will resolve any fake logging when he has an opportunity.

That coin was a Moun10bike coin, and have had it since, esp when I heard that it supposedly holds clues to a secret cache hidden. Which I still think is well a bowl of wheaties.

Actually, the part about holding clues to a puzzle cache is true. One version of Moun10bike's geocoins does hold the info for a puzzle cache out here in western Washington State. But I'm not sure if the cache is still active, nor do I remember which version it was for sure.

Edited by FluteFace

moun10bike 913

As you can see, not much action except for my moving it from time to time. It does state that:

"Have you found this coin? A special cache for finders will be in place soon!

For more information on Moun10Bike Geocoins, please visit this page.

This coin may be kept, traded, sent traveling, gifted or otherwise enjoyed by the holder. I do, however, retain the right to delete virtual logs or other bogus logs. Also, no sales of this geocoin are allowed."

Still curious as to what cache will be coming soon! And for the life of me...what secret code is embedded? Arrg...Mou10bike...Arrg!http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif :D

Actually, the part about holding clues to a puzzle cache is true. One version of Moun10bike's geocoins does hold the info for a puzzle cache out here in western Washington State. But I'm not sure if the cache is still active, nor do I remember which version it was for sure.

MB Version 2. Yes, the cache is fairly close to me.