Bug bug?

RocketMan

My Let it Ride travel bug was just placed in the Cradle hill cache which I think is in Hungary.

The log says it traveled 1763.14 miles which can't be right because the previous cache it was in was also in Hungary. In addition, the travel bug map shows that the Cradle hill cache is in the middle of the ocean. Another strange thing is that the cache page does not display a map, but when you click on Mapquest Maps, a map comes up and it does show the cache in Hungary.

Any ideas about why this is happening?

Thanks,

Rocket Man

[This message was edited by Rocket Man on September 09, 2003 at 12:18 PM.]

The hider of Cradle Hill has probably by mistake used western longitude instead of eastern when filling the form. The default there ist W. Cradle Hill is relatively new cache. The owner has probably noticed his mistake by now and fixed the longitude, but the error remained in the TB map and distance. That can be fixed by an admin, I believe.

This is a place for an improvement. The default latitude and longitude cardinal points could be pre-definable by user to avoid simple problems like this. Or maybe they could be the same as in users home coords?

- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. -