Configuration flag to hide caches already found from Nearest Cache page

Osborne

It would be very nice to able to set a configuration option to hide caches already found on the Nearest Cache page. I need to skip over 5 to 6 pages to get to new caches, a lot of wasted time and unnecessary system resources spend offering no value. I don't need to see caches already found or disabled, I can go to my profile page for that. What do other geocachers think? Team Osborne

With GPX pocket queries, you can use Watcher to filter out caches you've already found, or any other type of cache that you are not interested in hunting. Then, browse the cache pages of just the ones you are interested in. For example, I can tell Watcher to show me only caches with terrain rating of 3 or greater that are North or Northwest of me, which I haven't yet found, and which are not multicaches. Since I discovered Watcher, I rarely look at the cache listings online anymore. Just a suggestion.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

Sometimes I'm not at a machine with my stuff installed. I can still log onto GC.com and print out some caches. I only have a couple or three unfound caches for the first few pages of my account, so I can see where he's coming from.

As for pocket queries, I have one that is nothing but the ones I haven't found, so that part is solved. I've since learned to do one with ALL of them as we were out doing maintanence on caches and one way to get to a cache was flooded and we didn't have the coords to the cache. Why should we? We knew where it was! Ha!

Anyway, I think he request is something that would be helpful to those who have to log into GC.com

72057_2000.gif

I only have 19 finds so far but I can see that it could get to be a pain in the neck once I get up to more than 19. icon_wink.gif

Does TPTB review these forums occassionally or do someone have to send them a thread? I realize that they are busy and are in the process of making/refining other improvements. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want to bog them down too much. Stress is a killer you know.

kc

row, row, row your boat