What's your degree spread?

Gan Dalf

Thought I'd try to post something that I haven't seen before in the Forums...

For those of you that place caches regularly, what are the degrees across which you have placed? I have caches at 47 and 48 degrees North Latitude and 121, 122, and 123 West Longitude. I'm also waiting for a cache to publish (it's an Earth cache) that is at 124 degrees West Longitude.

So how about you? Do you tend to place caches really close to home or do you take pride in spreading your caches out as far as you can? I am from Washington State and I recently found a cache placed by someone in our state down in Mississippi, more than 2000 miles away. That was an EC too so it's not a maintanence issue but I wonder how many cachers place caches far from what they currently call home.

Feel free to share caches that you've placed where you lived and moved away from and how that is working out for you now that you've moved and also the cache. And caches that you've placed at Mom's house a thousand miles away that you maintain when you go home for [insert your holiday of choice here]...

Just one of those things that my mind often wanders into that makes me wonder, thanks for your input.

I have caches in North 42 and North 43, but the line runs about 2 miles south of my house. :lol: My northernmost and southernmost caches are maybe 40 miles apart. And I attribute that mainly to working 20 miles South of where I live. I'll bet 25% my caches over the years have been lunch hour/after work placements "down south".

I live just a few miles from N42 W71 so my caches are in N41 N42, W70 W71.

Back in 2002, (and before the rules) I hid a few caches around Disney N28 W81. I also hid caches near family and have held events in a few places.

Total list:

N28W81

N41W70 N41W71 N41W72 N41W74

N42W70 N42W71

EDIT:

I just hid my 200th cache, so a quick look got me some easy numbers:

N28W81 1%

N41W70 5%

N41W71 75%

N41W72 1%

N41W74 1%

N42W70 16%

N42W71 1%

Edited by Downy288

I live just a few miles from N42 W71 so my caches are in N41 N42, W70 W71.

Yeah, mee too. I'm less than a minute south of 48 degrees and a few minutes west of 122 so I'm real close to the 48/122 confluence. Plus my inlaws are real close to the 48/123 confluence and so it's easy for me to spread my degrees around.

Wow!!! You guys are tough!

Most of mine were hidden at 98.6, more or less, but one was hidden while I was running a slight fever, probably 102 or so. I never should have gone out that day, but the weather was awesome so I couldn't just stay home and take fluids.

I was thinking the same thing...but you beat me to it.

My extremes:

South: earthcache in Argentina- S 32° W 069°

East: earthcache in Laos- N 19° E 101°

North and West- traditional caches in Cleveland Ohio- N 41° W 081°

Pretty impressive but I doubt that anyone will ever be able to top Steve (Licorice).

Hoping to add a new country (Belgium) to my find list next week.

I doubt that anyone will ever be able to top Steve (Licorice).

Hoping to add a new country (Belgium) to my find list next week.

Holy schnikes! Yeah, Licorice might have it.

So far we have...

N 32, 33, 37, 38, 49, 50, 60

W 86, 85, 84, 79, 78

E 7, 8

Most of these are physical caches. Some are now archived, others we've kept going through help from local maintainers.

We published a challenge around N 30 E 46.

Edited by hzoi

I have caches in North 42 and North 43, but the line runs about 2 miles south of my house. :lol: My northernmost and southernmost caches are maybe 40 miles apart. And I attribute that mainly to working 20 miles South of where I live. I'll bet 25% my caches over the years have been lunch hour/after work placements "down south".

Yes, down south, we would like to see ya place a few more a wee bit further south!