Geocaching 101 podcast

My New Media Tech class at Missouri Southern State University is in the midst of a semester-long challenge to see which group can get the most "hits" on their podcasts. MSSU Campus Cachers released the first in what we hope will be a series of Geocaching-related podcasts. Please, take a minute (okay, seven minutes, actually) and give our podcast a listen. You must listen to the entire podcast for us to be credited.

The first podcast is a Geocaching 101. We are taking suggestions for future podcast topics.

No, this isn't a marketing ploy. Yes, I really am a cacher, although the rest of my group had not even heard of Geocaching before I talked them into using it as the topic for our podcasts. No, we are not making any money off of the podcasts, although the group that gets the most total number of hits on all their podcasts combined will not be taking the final (writing a research paper, I believe). Check us out on Facebook MSSU Campus Cachers

Please feel free to share the link with anyone you think might be interested.

http://themedialion.podbean.com/2011/10/05/geocaching-101/

Thanks!

My New Media Tech class at Missouri Southern State University is in the midst of a semester-long challenge to see which group can get the most "hits" on their podcasts. MSSU Campus Cachers released the first in what we hope will be a series of Geocaching-related podcasts. Please, take a minute (okay, seven minutes, actually) and give our podcast a listen. You must listen to the entire podcast for us to be credited.

The first podcast is a Geocaching 101. We are taking suggestions for future podcast topics.

No, this isn't a marketing ploy. Yes, I really am a cacher, although the rest of my group had not even heard of Geocaching before I talked them into using it as the topic for our podcasts. No, we are not making any money off of the podcasts, although the group that gets the most total number of hits on all their podcasts combined will not be taking the final (writing a research paper, I believe). Check us out on Facebook MSSU Campus Cachers

Please feel free to share the link with anyone you think might be interested.

http://themedialion.podbean.com/2011/10/05/geocaching-101/

Thanks!

Two things you need to do to promote a Geocaching podcast. Create a Twitter account for the podcast; follow every Geocacher on the planet who has a Twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/who_to_follow/search/geocaching Many of the Geocachers will follow you back, and check out the podcast. There are also twitter "lists" of Geocachers, where you can follow the whole list of people. That might even be better. :)

Daryl from Cache-a-maniacs podcast keeps the definitive list of current, non-abandoned Geocaching podcasts bumped on the main page of his website at http://www.cacheamaniacs.com/ Contact him and get listed.

Thanks a ton! I had tweeted about it a couple times, but don't really have any followers. Getting on it right now!

Make sure your 140 character twitter profile has the link to your podcast, and tell a little about the podcast. Follow everyone on this twitter list. It's the biggest Geocachers on Twitter list I noticed. There may be larger ones, but it's the largest I noticed in my little community there with a quick glance.

I listened and enjoyed it - thanks for sharing :) I'm one of the "old-fashioned" you mentioned who uses a map (I don't use GPS) even though I'm tech savvy. Good luck with the competition, and if you do more, keep us updated!

Also, I glanced at the Facebook page and saw a new link was posted to track play counts, so I'll post it on your behalf.

http://themedialion.podomatic.com/entry/2011-10-06T07_55_58-07_00

Edited by Hatredcopter

Thanks, Hatredcopter, for posting the new link. Apparently the old link wasn't tracking views appropriately so the instructor put everything on a new server. It seems to be functioning better. I've broken my finger and haven't been very good at keeping up with things this past week.

Wednesday, we plan to take a couple audio recorders caching with us to get some "real" sounds of caching. I'm hoping it doesn't rain, because although I love caching in the rain, I doubt if the university will like us taking sensitive electronic devices out in a downpour. Hopefully, a new podcast will be up and running within a week.

Wednesday, we plan to take a couple audio recorders caching with us to get some "real" sounds of caching. I'm hoping it doesn't rain, because although I love caching in the rain, I doubt if the university will like us taking sensitive electronic devices out in a downpour. Hopefully, a new podcast will be up and running within a week.

Actually, hearing the pitter-patter of the rain might be cool if you can manage to avoid damaging the equipment. It would definitely give listeners a more engaged feeling of the environment. Good luck either way!