Opencaching Coin

Jester1970

I was given an Opencaching Kit, which contains log book, stickers, etc, plus a supposedly trackable coin. It has no serial number, nor is there a place to register it on the site. Anyone explain the purpose of it?

:huh:

A trackable, never mind on which platform, needs a number of sorts.

Unless you post a picture of the kit or the coin, we can only speculate.

But without a number I guess, this isn't a trackable but a trade item.

I see they have their own forums. Logically you would be better served asking the question there rather than here.

I would bet anything, that there are more coiners on this forum than there, so in order to find someone, who might have an inkling about this supposed trackable, it's only logical to ask here.

I was given an Opencaching Kit, which contains log book, stickers, etc, plus a supposedly trackable coin. It has no serial number, nor is there a place to register it on the site. Anyone explain the purpose of it?

:huh:

A trackable, never mind on which platform, needs a number of sorts.

Unless you post a picture of the kit or the coin, we can only speculate.

But without a number I guess, this isn't a trackable but a trade item.

I see they have their own forums. Logically you would be better served asking the question there rather than here.

I would bet anything, that there are more coiners on this forum than there, so in order to find someone, who might have an inkling about this supposed trackable, it's only logical to ask here.

Except that it is an item that has been provided by Open Caching so whose to say that it is even Geocaching.com Trackable!???

For all we know they (Open Caching) were inferring that a PathTag was the trackable item. It was provided by them so it makes sense to take the query to them.

Edited by keewee

This has nothing to do with this website. Closing this thread.

Edit to add: When one wants to learn about a product, it is best to visit the website that produces that product. This is not a Groundspeak product, and opencaching has their own forums for discussion about their products.

Edited by Eartha