Tomorrow's update

jholly

The beta maps will become mainstream because all the problems are now fixed.

You will be able to copy bookmarks.

Nano will be a container size.

The fixed width will become a thing of the past.

The avatar will be removed from the logs.

C:geo will become an approved app.

Did I miss any?

The beta maps will become mainstream because all the problems are now fixed.

You will be able to copy bookmarks.

Nano will be a container size.

The fixed width will become a thing of the past.

The avatar will be removed from the logs.

C:geo will become an approved app.

Did I miss any?

You missed bunches of things. But your list would be a good start. Would you be happy if the completed only one of those items this time around?

Challenges will be added back in to our find count.

Challenges can be added to a watch list (the Feedback issue for this actually states it'll be done for the next release)

After the release which allowed blank logs, and the last release which "improved the display of log files", tomorrows release will improve the formatting of blank logs.

Challenges will be added back in to our find count.

Challenges can be added to a watch list (the Feedback issue for this actually states it'll be done for the next release)

After the release which allowed blank logs, and the last release which "improved the display of log files", tomorrows release will improve the formatting of blank logs.

... as well as searching blank logs.

This is the list Don J put together:

• Working maps, especially with previewing PQs
  • More criteria options added to PQs, particularly "owned by" and "found by".
  • Favorites added to PQ criteria.
  • Favorite points added to GPX files.
  • Personal notes added to GPX files.
  • Ability to delete photos with deleting the entire log.
  • Ability to add text to the auto generated message that is sent when we delete another player's log.
  • Change text from "Needs Archive" to "Needs Reviewer Attention".
  • Ability to ignore all of a users caches.
  • Return the users location to the forum sidebar for users that have provided it in their profiles, (lost in the forum upgrade)
  • Ability to add corrected coordinates to puzzle cache page and have those coordinates included in the GPX file.
  • Notification for when photos are added to your cache page.
  • Notification for when logs are edited on your cache page.
  • Notification for "Needs Archived" and "Note" logs, (Actually part of the May '11 update, but it didn't work)
  • New hiders are presented with a simple quiz to verify they have at least glanced at the guidelines.
  • Add a Nano size.

Lil Devil's VIP List will be implemented instead of the crippled version we now have.

:anicute:

Yeah, I have it mostly back in working order. Let's see what tomorrow's update has to offer then I'll put the finishing touches on it.

I really don't expect much except a bunch of broken features tomorrow, so a working VIP list would be killer. Thanks in advance! My travel bug list order seems to have stopped working. I really liked that one also.

• Ability to delete photos without deleting the entire log.
  • Ability to add text to the auto generated message that is sent when we delete another player's log.
  • Return the users location to the forum sidebar for users that have provided it in their profiles, (lost in the forum upgrade)
  • Ability to add corrected coordinates to puzzle cache page and have those coordinates included in the GPX file.
  • Notification for "Needs Archived" and "Note" logs, (Actually part of the May '11 update, but it didn't work)
  • New hiders are presented with a simple quiz to verify they have at least glanced at the guidelines.
  • Add a Nano size.

^THIS^ With a small correction (bold)

...and the API gets fixed so ignored caches are once again IGNORED.

Lil Devil's VIP List will be implemented instead of the crippled version we now have.

:anicute:

Yeah, I have it mostly back in working order. Let's see what tomorrow's update has to offer then I'll put the finishing touches on it.

AWESOME!

...er, what was it that script does again?

J/K, but it HAS been a while... :)

We are working on the initial features involved in this request. After pressing the "Report new listing" button on the Report a Cache page, the system will check to see if another cache is near the coordinates for the new listing. If so, it will warn the user that the cache is too close to an existing cache.

CAPTCHA will be implemented for cache submission to reduce automated attempts at finding the final coords to nearby multis/mysteries. The feature will also include a link to search nearby geocaches using the coordinates provided. The user can still submit the cache listing after they see the warning.

This, to me, is great news. It will save the reviewers ALOT of time.

We are working on the initial features involved in this request. After pressing the "Report new listing" button on the Report a Cache page, the system will check to see if another cache is near the coordinates for the new listing. If so, it will warn the user that the cache is too close to an existing cache.

CAPTCHA will be implemented for cache submission to reduce automated attempts at finding the final coords to nearby multis/mysteries. The feature will also include a link to search nearby geocaches using the coordinates provided. The user can still submit the cache listing after they see the warning.

I think it will be a disaster. Ever hear of the game battleships? Be a lot of people playing battleships to "solve" mystery caches. They can CAPTCHA 'til the cows come home, some folks are very patient. I will archive my mystery caches if this is implemented.

Edited by jholly

Does anyone believe that they do what they do and change what they change because they LIKE all of this type of feed back? :yikes: I'm just askin'... :shocked:

Good question. Some times I really believe the answer is they have not really given any thought to what they are doing, it just sounds neat or saves some cycles on the server. Other times I think it is we are doing this regardless of what people think.

were did you see that there is an update tomorrow?

LOL! http:\\www.geocaching.com, perhaps?

Wait just a second!! The banner is gone!!! What happened?

OMG! they looked at my list and realized they didn't have any of those completed yet! BONG-BONG-BONG Battle stations Maps!

were did you see that there is an update tomorrow?

LOL! http:\\www.geocaching.com, perhaps?

Wait just a second!! The banner is gone!!! What happened?

Perhaps something they tested didn't work? Wait! What am I saying?!

How would they know? They haven't gone live with it yet.

I think it will be a disaster. Ever hear of the game battleships? Be a lot of people playing battleships to "solve" mystery caches. They can CAPTCHA 'til the cows come home, some folks are very patient. I will archive my mystery caches if this is implemented.

...and if they start being found by lots of cachers.

Really? I think the people smart enough to use this as a technique, can probably solve most puzzles.

• Add a Nano size.

I like his list.....are the power to be listening?

Really? I think the people smart enough to use this as a technique, can probably solve most puzzles.

Keystone can tell you about a game of battle ships folks in his review area were playing until he published the cache they were moving around to X out the squares.

Keystone can tell you about a game of battle ships folks in his review area were playing until he published the cache they were moving around to X out the squares.

I watch people from out of town coming in and finding the puzzle cache and a bunch of other near by, so I know about where the puzzle cache is. One person found a earthcache and said, they did another cache nearby and yep, it was a very hard puzzle. I might try to place a cache near there and see if i am right.

I watch people from out of town coming in and finding the puzzle cache and a bunch of other near by, so I know about where the puzzle cache is. One person found a earthcache and said, they did another cache nearby and yep, it was a very hard puzzle. I might try to place a cache near there and see if i am right.

This is giving me lots of great ideas! :laughing:

Seriously, though, there are ways they can avoid battleshipping, with a bit of programming. Limiting the number of checks a person can make/week, for starters. And making sure they are actually following through and publishing caches with some obvious effort made. The reviewers are still going to see the cache pages and could probably tell if it's a real cache or not.

Edited by The_Incredibles_

• Add a Nano size.

I like his list.....are the power to be listening?

Maybe that list should be started as a new thread called "What Users want changed on the web site" and then bumped frequently so it always stays at the top of the list of topics.

This is giving me lots of great ideas! :laughing:

Seriously, though, there are ways they can avoid battleshipping, with a bit of programming. Limiting the number of checks a person can make/week, for starters. And making sure they are actually following through and publishing caches with some obvious effort made. The reviewers are still going to see the cache pages and could probably tell if it's a real cache or not.

Maybe increase the distance from nearest cache/physical placement?

Make it if there's cache/placement within .25mile, or .5mile, you need to contact a reviewer to check your cache is OK to place? :unsure:

if they do this i'll archive my puzzles and request they be locked. no unawarded prizes will be awarded.