Hawaii Geocachers!

gnome_master

So I go to UH at Manoa and am a film major. My project is to make a documentary and I was going to make one on geocaching. I was hoping to maybe get a group together, or follow a group that's already formed to geocache and get some interviews on why different people geocache and what it means to them. I'd appreciate any participation very much. The project's due on Halloween so I'd be hoping to start filming in a couple of weeks. My email is: pmares@hawaii.edu

Thanks again!

cheers,

paisley

So I go to UH at Manoa and am a film major. My project is to make a documentary and I was going to make one on geocaching. I was hoping to maybe get a group together, or follow a group that's already formed to geocache and get some interviews on why different people geocache and what it means to them. I'd appreciate any participation very much. The project's due on Halloween so I'd be hoping to start filming in a couple of weeks. My email is: pmares@hawaii.edu

Thanks again!

cheers,

paisley

There is a great opportunity coming up this weekend at this event Geohana Road Rally - 2011. Should be a good turnout, for Hawai'i standards anyway :anibad: , and a great place to talk to/interview fellow geocachers :grin: .

Thanks again!

cheers,

paisley

There is a great opportunity coming up this weekend at this event Geohana Road Rally - 2011. Should be a good turnout, for Hawai'i standards anyway :anibad: , and a great place to talk to/interview fellow geocachers :grin: .

Oh man! that'd be perfect... unfortunately I have to share equipment and my group members have all the stuff this weekend. Thank you though! Is there a way to check for more of these group events? I mean I only casually geocache so I've never been to a group thing and don't know much about them. Do they happen often?

Oh man! that'd be perfect... unfortunately I have to share equipment and my group members have all the stuff this weekend. Thank you though! Is there a way to check for more of these group events? I mean I only casually geocache so I've never been to a group thing and don't know much about them. Do they happen often?

Yup! On the geocaching.com main page click on the the "Play" menu and select "Hide & Seek a Cache". Then in the "by State Page:" drop down menu select "Hawaii" and click "Go". On the page the opens, you should see the upcoming events (and sometimes some that have already past) under the "Events, Past and Present..." heading.

:grin:

Yup! On the geocaching.com main page click on the the "Play" menu and select "Hide & Seek a Cache". Then in the "by State Page:" drop down menu select "Hawaii" and click "Go". On the page the opens, you should see the upcoming events (and sometimes some that have already past) under the "Events, Past and Present..." heading.

:grin:

You could come to the event tomorrow & meet some cachers who might be willing to set up a time to speak with you when you have your equipment. Currently the next event on Oahu is scheduled for November 11th

jrr