"My Locations" list

lohroffc

I would like to see a list of locations added that I can use as "home" points. Currently, you can enter a single point as your "home" location and view all the caches within X miles of that location. You can also enter any lat/long combination to search from, but I would like to save those for future searches. For example, I like caching during my lunch hour so it would be nice to have my office as a saved location that I could search from.

Perhaps there is a way to do this now, but I don't see it. A possibility would be to create my office as a virtual cache and then search for nearby caches, but I don't think that is a good idea.

dyslexics of the world, untie.

You could always bookmark the search results.

If you lived at the confluence of N 43° W 086°, your url for the search would look like this:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?origin_lat=43&origin_long=-86

and it would give you this result.

Don't forget to convert to decimal format first. Your one hidden cache is at N 42° 55.022 W 085° 39.686, which translates to 42.91703, -85.66143, so to search for caches in close proximity to your cache on a frequent basis, bookmark this result.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Cache_Cows:

That's a good idea. I will do that. The problem is that I'm typically away from my machine when I want to do the search, so I won't have the bookmark available.

I use backflip.com to save these links. That way I can pull them up from any pc.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.