Banff - need help retrieving unpublished cache

camillabacher

Fellow geocachers,

I am extremely embarrassed! I placed a geocache near Moraine Lake shoreline trail, unaware about the park services special rules for placement of new geocaches. I logged several other geocaches inside the park including one that was placed there from a vacational geocacher who was not able to maintain it himself. I had not planned to place the cache in advance, but the container and logbook was intented to be used for replacement of another geocache inside the park, which turned out to be fairly OK after all, and then I thought Moraine deserved a cache since Louise had one too... This is not an excuse, but an explanation so I hope this will not turn into a discussion about whether or not I am a fool. Which I admit I am :-) Instead I am looking for a solution to the problem.

I am looking for a local geocacher, who is planning on going up there anyway, to retrieve the unpublished cachecontainer. He or she may off course keep the container and the brand new coin inside. Furthermore I am willing to pay the cost of gasoline for someone going up from Calgary or a similar place. It is a beautiful place well worth the visit anyway.

If interested, please contact me via my geocaching profile which is: camillabacher

and I will send coordinates and a description on where it is.

Thanks

After seeing the same request for assistance on our local Calgary forums, I sent the cache hider a note explaining that we're planning to visit Moraine Lake/Lake Louise this weekend and offered to pick up the cache. Will be happy to defer to anyone else who wants to retrieve it, though. In any case, it looks like this matter soon will be solved.