Devon Geocachers Organization

Hi everybody, 'Huetes here.

I have set up (still very much a work in progress) a geocaching group for Devon, as I was unable to find any decent groups in the whole Devon area. The website is a forum where you can discuss different topics and is free to join, and obviously I will need a little help to get it off of the ground, so if you are a Devon geocacher then come along and join this free forum today. I will endeavor to set up some events soon depending on the numbers of the group, possibly in Exeter, so go ahead and sign up today. Don't worry if you live in Seaton or Okehampton, or anywhere in between, this group is indiscriminate of your Devonian location and will be flexible to your preferences and queries.

Link: devongeocachers.freeforums.org

Many thanks

'Huetes

Hi everybody, 'Huetes here.

I have set up (still very much a work in progress) a geocaching group for Devon, as I was unable to find any decent groups in the whole Devon area. The website is a forum where you can discuss different topics and is free to join, and obviously I will need a little help to get it off of the ground, so if you are a Devon geocacher then come along and join this free forum today. I will endeavor to set up some events soon depending on the numbers of the group, possibly in Exeter, so go ahead and sign up today. Don't worry if you live in Seaton or Okehampton, or anywhere in between, this group is indiscriminate of your Devonian location and will be flexible to your preferences and queries.

Link: devongeocachers.freeforums.org

Many thanks

'Huetes

Great idea have joined already see you all over there for Devon geocaching related chat etc.

Edited by shantz_uk_&_cleverclogs

Any other DCs (Devonian Cachers) interested?

Not full-time Devon at the moment so I'll pass, but was there something about the existing Devon forum you didn't like? :unsure:

Other than no-one seems interested during the last two years...

6208579253_e61d1ec1ff_b.jpg

I'm afraid there has never been a great apetite for a local forum for Devon. There are a lot more cachers around now though, so you might get more of a take up. Good luck.

Maybe with this bit of publicity, things might start to take off in the forums?

Any other DCs (Devonian Cachers) interested?

Not full-time Devon at the moment so I'll pass, but was there something about the existing Devon forum you didn't like? :unsure:

Other than no-one seems interested during the last two years...

6208579253_e61d1ec1ff_b.jpg

I'm afraid there has never been a great apetite for a local forum for Devon. There are a lot more cachers around now though, so you might get more of a take up. Good luck.

Maybe with this bit of publicity, things might start to take off in the forums?

To be honest.. much of the Cornwall/Devon caching chat moved on to Facebook..

Think of it this way. I know that there is quite an ill fate awaiting my Devon Cachers forum, but if any of you guys are DCs then just join up, I promise it won't take long, and then just spread the word to other DCs and soon I will organize an event for us DCs and we can discuss further plans and stuff.

Many thanks

'Huetes

Think of it this way. I know that there is quite an ill fate awaiting my Devon Cachers forum, but if any of you guys are DCs then just join up, I promise it won't take long, and then just spread the word to other DCs and soon I will organize an event for us DCs and we can discuss further plans and stuff.

Many thanks

'Huetes

DC's?

After reading the comments already, it seems more of an Exeter based forum, especially as you reach out to other outlying areas such as Okehampton or Seaton.

I'm down in Plymouth, and there is a large community of geocachers down here as well. I go to as many local events as I can, especially our popular Stop the Clocks which attracts people from all over Cornwall and Devon, and a few further afield.

I do like the idea of more Devon events, but I'd like to see more inclusion of Plymouth, and perhaps seeing you in person at Stop the Clocks in a few weeks.