Getting started: anyone help me?

Hi, on the recommendation of a good friend I found this site, signed up, found a program for my HTC Wildfire and found four local caches on a very hot day yesterday.

But it is a bit boring on my own and I don't understand most of the acronyms in the descriptions.

My friend also suggested posting here to find a local who could show a middle aged lady the ropes!

I have a bicycle and am located in Central Bedford UK!

Thanks all

Edited by Lotusbridge

Hi, on the recommendation of a good friend I found this site, signed up, found a program for my HTC Wildfire and found four local caches on a very hot day yesterday.

But it is a bit boring on my own and I don't understand most of the acronyms in the descriptions.

My friend also suggested posting here to find a local who could show a middle aged lady the ropes!

Thanks all

Welcome to the wonderful world of Geocaching!

Take a look here to see if there are any groups in your area...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=201301

Enjoy the caching!

Matt

Thanks all

I live in Bedford. I'd love to go caching sometime. Email me through the site if you like and we can arrange something.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I'll check out the sites for acronyms and locals.

I live in Bedford. I'd love to go caching sometime. Email me through the site if you like and we can arrange something.

I'm thinking next weekend maybe suitable but looks like you may have blanketed the local vicinity :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks all

Welcome to the wonderful world of Geocaching!

Take a look here to see if there are any groups in your area...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=201301

Enjoy the caching!

Matt

Ty trying to join one as we speak

I'm sorry you didn't post this last week or you could have come to my Birthday party in Ridgmont.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=88ec8809-7d56-4393-b4e8-2616b5b6a3ba

Anyways, we have a monthly meet for Beds, Bucks and Herts cachers. They are generally central to the whole are, often on a Wednesday or Thursday evening. This month's is supposedly being held in Leverstock Green, Hemel Hempstead, but it's not out yet.

In the past, we've held them in Leighton Buzzard, Wendover, Aylesbury, Luton and beyond. I was going to suggest at some stage that we hold one of the monthly events either in Ridgmont or Stewartby as they're easy places to get to (not to mention that there are a number of local cachers). We're currently on event #44 (I think).