Cointest and silent auction - Creatures of Nightcaching

ice13-333

First of all, please excuse possibly mistakes, english is not my first language.

After watching the blue and the green forum for a while now, i want to join in/say thank you with a little cointest. You can win a Creatures of Nightcaching Crazy GCF (AE VI) XLE Ed (49 minted). The cointest is not very difficult, you only need to make me laugh. You can use pictures or videos (please concern the intellectual property rights, that we don´t start any troubles - i would like pictures or videos of you during caching most). The one who will amuse me most, will be the winner. Easy, isn´t it? :D

09a22b7f-a4f6-4d59-8d22-88e9b5ac5d9d.jpg

Additionally, i´ll make a silent auction for a single piece of a Creatures of Nightcaching, because i don´t want to disadvantage anyone, deciding the new owner of this coin by myself. It is the Crazy Orange GCF (AE VI One of a Kind) XXXLE (1 minted). The difference between this coin and the regular AE VI is the color of the eyes. These are not green, they are orange. Material and color-filling is the same as the regular AE VI.

a533df30-3ef2-4ed5-be57-77208daa0b23.jpg

Rules Cointest:

1) Ends 15.10.2011 12:00 o´clock CEST

2) please only one entry per nickname per day

3) if there are to many funny entrys after the end of the cointest and i´m not able to decide, which one is the best, i´ll choose one entry by lot

4) Cointest is taking place at the blue forum as well as at the green forum, but there will be only one winner at the end.

Rules Auction:

2) if someone offer more than one bidding, the freshest will count at the end of the auction

3) the highest bid will win the auction and therefore the coin

4) Auction is taking place at the blue forum as well as at the green forum, but there will be only one winner at the end.

5) please send only offers via my gc profile, because of the clearness

Many thanks to all user of the forums, you have caused me good times, reading your entrys.

Hello my friend and happy new month! thank you for the cointest!

Hmm.. I will post for a start a story that I have posted in the forums 2-3 times... It is a caching story... that we couldn't even believe that this was happening to us!!! We still laugh.... huh!

I have published it in the online geocacher magazine too....

Everything you will read is 100% true!!!!

We wanted to find some caches at that day, so we wanted to be quick! There are not many caches in Rhodes, but they have some distance between them!

Anyway... We were going to Archangelos village, were it was a cache at a place called Profitis Ilias! Well, we knew that this place had a small church, and all the churches with that name are in mountains!

Unfortunately we didn't know where it was! We had never visited that place! I searched in books, and in the net, and found that there was a big festival and celebrations once a year when it was the name of the saint and it was quite famous for the villagers of all nearby villages and Archangelos of course!

So...it was going to be an easy find!!!!

HA!!! Only in our dreams!!!

When we arrived, we entered in the village and started searching for a sign or something, to help us find the way! Nothing!!! GPS was not helping us, we were very new with the GPS, so...

We took all roads in the village; we were making rounds...rounds... nothing!!!! We had to ask a local to help us!

To the first man we saw sitting, we stopped to ask him about this church! He was looking us strangely! Then he said...."sorry I am from Albania, I do not speak good Greek and I do not know"!!!!

Well...ok! Many foreigners are working in Rhodes!

We left from there and some minutes later, we saw 2 women sitting! We stopped to ask them but.... one was from Bulgaria and the other was from Russia!!!

Where were the Greeks?? We are in an island... how we passed the borders??

Then we saw a guy! We asked him but he was mute!!!! Can you believe that???? Someone was joking with us!!!

We decided to go in an other area of the village! There, we found a young girl (hmm... pretty too! ), we asked were the "Profitis Ilias" small church was, but she was sending us to Profitis Ilias in Salakos, an other village far away from Archangelos!!!

No, no! We said to her! There is a church here in Archangelos with that name! There is a big festival in his name day!!! Don't you know it???

- No! I never heard that before! She told us!

- Are you from here? We asked her! Well, we had already seen enough so...

She was from the village!!!

We were driving in the village trying to find a way for more than an hour! Maybe even more than 1:30 hours, so we were about to forget this cache! Then we saw 2 old women coming from the cemetery!!

Hey!!! They are old, they are from the village and they know about churches for sure!!!

Oh yes! They told us were to go!!!!!!!!

When we told them what we had been through they laughed!

- Are you from here or you are from an other place of Greece? They asked!

Oups! That question sounds familiar!!!

- We are from Rhodes! We do not know this church and we were told that it is in a nice place..... (Oh boy!!!)

The road didn't have a sign! We took it and saw that at the half of it was the place they used to throw their garbage!! A lovely place and ... At least they stopped...I think!

We continued our way up, to find the church at the top of the mountain! Jesus! The road was full of goat droppings!!! Ok there were many goats there but the road was almost black!!!

We went to the top and the view was excellent!!! The church was very old!

There were some locals there eating in the yard of the church! We continued to find the cache and we were careful not to be seen! They didn't see us because they were busy with their food!

The cache was an easy find! We logged quickly, we enjoyed the view and then we went to the church to light a candle!

There was an old woman in there! We spoke to her, and she started talking to us! She talked, talked...

then she asked us why we were there! We told her that we didn't know the place, and we accidentally found it!

- Oh! a lot of tourists are coming like that! She told us! They like going there! And showed us the area with the hidden cache!

We said nothing except that the view is fantastic there, so..

We thanked her and we were leaving but she wanted to give us food to eat! We didn't want and we politely told her that we were going to a tavern but she insisted!!!

She took a plate that was dirty, she cleaned (?) it with a dirty piece of cloth and put something inside!!!!

It was spaghetti with warmed goat milk and goat cheese in pieces (she cut the cheese with her hand). It smelt really bad! A sour thing was coming from the plate!

She was forcing us to eat!

I was looking at my sister, she was looking at my brother in law, and he was looking at me!!! Then were started looking at the plate!!! Who was going to be the hero????

Then we told her that we really had to leave, and she took the plate which was full in that kind of food, and put it in a used plastic bag, to take it with us!! We politely refused but...without any success! We told her...what about the plate?

- It is yours!

Ok! I admit she was extremely polite, but...

We put the plate in the car and left! Oh my.... The terrible smell was in the car now! I still remember that smell!

It was winter time, it was cold, but.... the smell was terrible, so we had to leave the windows open, otherwise we were going to faint from the smell!!!!!

Some kilometres away, we stopped and throw the food to some stray cats! At least the food was not wasted! There is only one thing that I did not understand! Why the cats ran away when they smell the food??!!?? No Joking!!!!

My brother in law went to clean the plate to return it in a later visit, but while he was cleaning it, the plate fell from his hand and broke! The leftovers of the food went on him and he was.....

We laughed so much!!!

Of course now we were facing another problem now....... My brother in law started smelling like a goat, but we couldn't do anything about it!!! .....After all he was the driver!!!

What a day!!!

Sorry if my story was too big... tomorrow I have a story.... that happent to me in my first day in the military.... huh....

First of all, please excuse possibly mistakes, english is not my first language.

After watching the blue and the green forum for a while now, i want to join in/say thank you with a little cointest. You can win a Creatures of Nightcaching Crazy GCF (AE VI) XLE Ed (49 minted). The cointest is not very difficult, you only need to make me laugh. You can use pictures or videos (please concern the intellectual property rights, that we don´t start any troubles - i would like pictures or videos of you during caching most). The one who will amuse me most, will be the winner. Easy, isn´t it? :D

09a22b7f-a4f6-4d59-8d22-88e9b5ac5d9d.jpg

Additionally, i´ll make a silent auction for a single piece of a Creatures of Nightcaching, because i don´t want to disadvantage anyone, deciding the new owner of this coin by myself. It is the Crazy Orange GCF (AE VI One of a Kind) XXXLE (1 minted). The difference between this coin and the regular AE VI is the color of the eyes. These are not green, they are orange. Material and color-filling is the same as the regular AE VI.

a533df30-3ef2-4ed5-be57-77208daa0b23.jpg

Rules Cointest:

2) please only one entry per nickname per day

3) if there are to many funny entrys after the end of the cointest and i´m not able to decide, which one is the best, i´ll choose one entry by lot

4) Cointest is taking place at the blue forum as well as at the green forum, but there will be only one winner at the end.

Rules Auction:

2) if someone offer more than one bidding, the freshest will count at the end of the auction

3) the highest bid will win the auction and therefore the coin

4) Auction is taking place at the blue forum as well as at the green forum, but there will be only one winner at the end.

5) please send only offers via my gc profile, because of the clearness

Many thanks to all user of the forums, you have caused me good times, reading your entrys.

Can you please tell me what the blue forum and green forums are? Thanks!

Edited for spelling. Sorry.

Edited by steben6

for today.... Taken from you tube! :)

I have no permission to look this video from germany (gema permission)... If you like, you can make another entry today

No permission in germany? Oh... I have some nice videos but I do not know how to spot if you can see them in Germany!

We have that problem in some songs... but not in videos... hmm....

Too bad... it was such a nice video with funny cats!

then.. I will post a greek video that is in you tube! I hope you will be able to see it!

It was taken from a funny greek TV program... so at first you will see the men of the program...

The video shows a cat siting... well... they put some bouzouki music.... and they acted like the cat is telling a poem!

I will translate what the poem says....

Remember... they turned the cat into a prisoner.... hahahahaha

Translation of the poem:

Aahhh.... Meow....

It was a bad and unfair moment

oh nasty society....

The door was closed

and the dog was in the corner...

He got furious, he started barking

and roared straight at me (looking for fight)

and with a hit with my mails

I cut his dog's intestines (I cut him in half...)

and now I ended... from a cat full of joy

Inside this prison with my moustache looking down (humiliated and sad)

so listen my and.... in a fight

do not hit others too hard

becasue the prison cells

are for cats too....

Meow... a**#@#@$#%@!%# (greek.... bad word... hehehehehe)

I hope you will be able to see this!

This shall be my only attempt as I do not have a lot of funny pics, I can say I shot this one myself and wish it had been video because the dog is growling and it sounds like he is saying "grandma"

Codybear.jpg

edited to insert image.....duh I am so dumb sometimes!

Edited by CCWashburn

today's entry!!!!

here is a funny video.... it is from youtube but it was taken from a film!

in case you are wondering what happent to the others who saw it....see their reactions....

**** sorry the post couldn't be accepted with all that open.. so I just put the links...

but there was aslo someone who laughed but had to be tickled first!!!....

I am kiding... it is a funny video! :laughing:

today's entry!!!!! :D

2 amazing commercials that I love!!!!

one is the real one.... the other... I do not know... but it is like a parody of the first one!!!

I love both of them!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPNjWWQqWCA

I really hope you will be able to see them!!!

edit to put the making off of the Darth Vader commercial... it is a little different from the one Iposted... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hope my edit is ok...

I cann ot put a third one... so I am posting the link! Enjoy! :D

http://youtu.be/tM3s37fZZts

Edited by GATOULIS