A controversial issue

drsolly

Just today I left a "Did maintenance" log where I out my name first. I didn't realize til I got home that I signed.the.wrong.date. I do that a lot.

So do I and I don't always realise I have done, or can't always remember. If I am sure, I try to mention it in the online log, but if not I just leave it, as long as the online log is right, I'm happy with that. If I have my phone with me, I check the date.

I normally go with date followed by name... my name changing depending on the size of the log and my mood at a the time, currently I normally sign as "Birdie" though if feeling formal or it's a nice big hardback logbook I go with "Birdman-of-Liskatraz"

Talking of pens, this model has some very interesting Amazon reviews, well worth a read... I'm a fan though of a very fine tipped Rotring job..

I normally go with date followed by name... my name changing depending on the size of the log and my mood at a the time, currently I normally sign as "Birdie" though if feeling formal or it's a nice big hardback logbook I go with "Birdman-of-Liskatraz"

Talking of pens, this model has some very interesting Amazon reviews, well worth a read... I'm a fan though of a very fine tipped Rotring job..

Awesome thanks! Pen expertise.

Hilarious. Thanks for the laughs.

"While this pen is functional and easy to use, a downside is it only supports one default font (that appears to be user specific?). I have tried multiple times to access Helvetica, Times New Roman, Impact etc. to no avail... I don't even see any input buttons. "

"You'd think, with all of the new anti-obscenity laws, that this pen would have a V-chip installed. It DOESN'T!!!!! You should see some of the filthy words and drawings that my children were able to write with this product. I am going to file a formal complaint with the FCC.

Buyer (with young children) Beware!!!!"

"Does exactly what it says on the tin

Having previously searched unsuccessfully for a product to help me direct attention to spherical objects I was relieved to stumble across this product. It is called a ball point pen and I must say that when it comes to pointing at balls, there is nothing to beat it. Well done Bic for keeping your promise."

Fianccetto

It just seems a little too expensive for me. NOw if you could maybe get them in bulk....

Sometimes I write the date as 9.10.11 and sometimes as 9/10/11. The first form economises on ink, and that's the form I prefer, but sometimes I forget and use the second form. Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

I Trust the good Dr is refering to the Late Oscar Wilde?

"Sanity is a playground for the sluggish mind"

"Consistency: The last refuge of the unimaginative mind."

The Pen I prefer is the Papermate Flexgrip, it works well even on damp paper.

Have tried other pens including Gell ,but nothing has been found yet to rival the Flexgrip.

The trouble with stamps is that they lack that personal touch,so robotic.

Diveing to Periscope depth...

Cheers

Moose07

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I carry four writing implements.

1) A pencil. Also useful for poking into holes.

2) A WIZO ballpoint. This is the general purpose writer, acquired at a recent WIZO car rally (which we won :-) ).

3) A gel pen; that works on damp or even soaking wet paper.

4) A large red felt-tip pen; that's useful for correcting grammar and spelling mistakes on notices, such as surplus apostrophes and missing spaces. "Thank you" is two words, so is "car park". It's my small contribution to reducing the vandalisation of English.

Thankyou for your comment about carparks :P

Found some caches today where the previous finders didn't bother dating the logs at all - just a stamp.

Yeah, yeah everyone plays the game their own way and all that but it would have been nice to know if they were out caching on the same day as us or if they had done the series several days earlier :rolleyes:

(no log in PQ as yet)

Mark

Unless it's a nano, when being FTF means I get to write "Thanks ever so much for such a fun cache. I found it on the twenty third day of October in the year two thousand and eleven at about half past three in the afternoon" which means I get to log FTF and immediately log it as Needs Maintenance because the log is full.

Ha!! :D

I recently found a nano cache in a rather tricky to get to spot in Pennsylvania. It was at the top of what's known as "the 1000 steps" for reasons you can probably imagine. Anyway, having climbed steps for 45 minutes with a bunch of other cachers after an event one of the caches at the top was a nano. We were all sooooo tempted, after hunting a nano among a pile of stones, to write a huge log (or for all 15 of us to sign it with our names in full) to give the CO the opportunity to climb all the steps and replace the log.

I've given this topic considerable thought*

On the rare occasion that I'm signing the log first I put the date (DD/MM/YY) then the time (24Hr) then my name. So mostly I just copy the previous cacher's order, still using my preferred date format then my name. I try to remember to write my name and not copy the previous cacher's name. If it's a nano I might sign "WP" although it does slightly worry me that subsequent cachers might think I used a Word Processor...

* This is mostly untrue.