"Paperless Caching" with my Droid

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is a way to download an app for my Droid that will give me some paperless caching abilities. I'm NOT looking to use the GPS function of my phone, I will still use my GPSr for that. I just would like to have the cache info without having to print it out or take notes. I know about the "official" app but that's $10, I'm hoping for a cheap or free one. I plan to become a premium member sometime in the next couple of days and I'd like to learn to use GSAK.

Suggestions??

Hi jeepFreak81,

If you using GSAK, you can export the caches as HTML (<File><Export><HTML> use help in the export dialog if you want to know the settings. after generating you can copy the whole tread to you'r Droid and open the index.html file.

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there is a way to download an app for my Droid that will give me some paperless caching abilities. I'm NOT looking to use the GPS function of my phone, I will still use my GPSr for that. I just would like to have the cache info without having to print it out or take notes. I know about the "official" app but that's $10, I'm hoping for a cheap or free one. I plan to become a premium member sometime in the next couple of days and I'd like to learn to use GSAK.

Suggestions??

c:Geo

GeOrg

Geocaching

in that order, IMO.

c:Geo has the most features, GeOrg is the easiest to use.

Geocaching is all around good though I don't like the compass or radar. I have not found a way to enter waypoints in it either, for a multi or puzzle. The others will.

I use c:Geo

Edited by Honey2do2

Hello everyone,

Suggestions??

If you use GSAK, you can find a nice program called GDAK in the Android marketplace that will read the GSAK database on your Droid. All you have to do is copy the GSAK database from your computer to the correct folder on the Droid.

It doesn't give you "real-time" access to the Groundspeak website like some of the apps do but it does show you all of the descriptions and logs that you have available in GSAK.

Best of all it's free.