Why the hold up?

Gan Dalf

I've read the other threads and understand that Earthcaches take longer and that there seems to be a reviewer shortage right now but I am really wondering why it has to take as long as it has. I think a little background would be helpful:

I submitted an EC a month ago and it was reviewed 3 days after I realeased it. After a couple of exchanges between myslef and the initial reviewer, it was archived. I appealed that decision and a week later got a reply that I had to make some changes in order for my submission to be considered. I followed that reviewers suggestions, made some changes, and released the cache again. More than a week went by before I heard back from the reviewer again. Finally they replied and said that some additional changes still needed to be made. I made those changes, as requested to the letter of what they asked for, and released the cache again. It has now been another week and I still have not heard back as to if further changes are needed.

I understand that EC's are different and that the review process can take longer but why does it have to take a week or more to get it reviewed again after changes are made. It seems to me that it should be much quicker and easier to see if change requests are carried out then it took to do the initial review. Does a cache get bumped to the bottom of the review queue if a change request has been made by a reviewer?

Other than the initial reason I appealed the denial, I've been willing to make whatever changes are necessary to get it published, I'd just like to know if there are additional changes that are needed in a more timely manner... I even wrote directly to the reviewer letting them know that I had made the cahnges as requesated and it was ready for them to review again. Is there a reviewer that can take a look at my submission and see if more changes are needed. It is going to be another nice weekend and it would be nice if they cache was available for people to enjoy.

Thanks

FobesMan, your reviewer is on vacation and will be back soon. Please be patient and he will resume the review when he returns. Continuity is important with a complicated EC like yours. Thank you for your understanding.

I appriciate the quick reply. I completely understand those issues and that is all I needed to hear, thank you. I would have posted to the original appeal but it has been closed and so I didn't know where else to post it and knew reviewers monitor the forums and could answer my questions. Feel free to close the thread.