Need help getting cache approved

Magnum-DI

You know the game has guidelines that mandate that a CO follows and requires you to inact good judgement. However the type of cache, and location you want to place it is up to you as long as you are following guidelines....

So for the community to come down and act like there is some "second set of guidelines" is ridicolus...If I wanted to put one in an easter egg and throw it down in a field and put up a listing knowing pure well its a crappy cache thats for sure going to be muggled is still my perogative. So if a sprinkler cache is over played as much as a LPC or magnet altoids then so what...It was a blast for me to build, I'm quite happy with the construction, and I enjoyed scouting a location for it, I pay a premimum fee to play the game because it is fun not for some mythical ethics code set down by the forum trolls. The only code that matters is the rules laid down by Groundspeak and if I am with in those guidelines then I am within my rights.

You know the game has guidelines that mandate that a CO follows and requires you to inact good judgement. However the type of cache, and location you want to place it is up to you as long as you are following guidelines....

So for the community to come down and act like there is some "second set of guidelines" is ridicolus...If I wanted to put one in an easter egg and throw it down in a field and put up a listing knowing pure well its a crappy cache thats for sure going to be muggled is still my perogative. So if a sprinkler cache is over played as much as a LPC or magnet altoids then so what...It was a blast for me to build, I'm quite happy with the construction, and I enjoyed scouting a location for it, I pay a premimum fee to play the game because it is fun not for some mythical ethics code set down by the forum trolls. The only code that matters is the rules laid down by Groundspeak and if I am with in those guidelines then I am within my rights.

Yes, you have every right to put out a "crappy cache", just as we have every right to tell you what we think about it. You can ignore the feedback you are getting, or you can learn and grow from it. That is nobody's choice but your own.

I doubt the reviewer is throwing up objections for some nefarious reason, and as stated, we can't really evaluate why unless you share the specifics. I'm a new cacher with four hides, I've never run into a condescending attitude from reviewers or here on the forum. Judging from your reply, your issue may stem more from attitude than low cache count.

I disagree with the attitude bit, reviewers get extra pay for dealing with difficult people. No, like just about every case brought before the forum courts or the courts of last appeals, depending on how you want to look at it, there are a salient point or two not being mentioned by the OP. I really don't think the reviewers in Northern CA blow too many calls. If I were a betting man, and I am not, I would bet that appeals upholds the reviewer, not because they are bound to support the reviewers, but because they have the full story and will side with the reviewer as a good call. But we will see.

Snarky much?

The OP has their faults being NEW..but as someone who is experienced in the field giving supposed "advice"..that's a little bit too much sarcasm.

I'd just like to thank Magnum-DI for a very entertatining thread. I've enjoyed reading it and knew it was going to be good after I read the first three words of post #8. Thanks you! <_<

Yeah..you probably would feel it's "entertaining". School jock? Well anyway, "thanks you too" for your brilliant insight.

Look, I'm going to put this blunt. YOU are posting to the forum and pretty much DEMANDING that your idea be sanctified by the masses. FORGET IT BUB. YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR CACHE. I really don't care about the attitude...but the cache didn't pass the reviewer. Change the page, change the cache or get out of the game.

Look, I'm going to put this blunt. YOU are posting to the forum and pretty much DEMANDING that your idea be sanctified by the masses. FORGET IT BUB. YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR CACHE. I really don't care about the attitude...but the cache didn't pass the reviewer. Change the page, change the cache or get out of the game.

Snarky much?

You complained about the reviewer just copy and pasting the guidelines.

I think that is the best way for a reviewer to handle it.

There should be no way that the cacher can complain about the way they are treated that way. You can't read into quotes.

A lot of people try to read into what the reviewer says and try to turn it into an insult or that they're being targeted for some reason or another.

The reviewers don't target anyone. They are well-chosen for doing their jobs without prejudice.

That is the most generic response they can give and give to everyone so everyone is treated equally.

You also said you were being flamed here.

Actually I think you have been treated really well on these forums.

Generally when people come in here with an attitude such as yours (that even the moderator asked you to tone down) they get jumped all over really badly.

People have responded really fairly and honestly. You have been treated much better than most people who have the same attitude you have.

People are honest here.

Don't take it personally, and don't take the reviewers notes personally and you'll get a whole lot farther.

I'd just like to thank Magnum-DI for a very entertatining thread. I've enjoyed reading it and knew it was going to be good after I read the first three words of post #8. Thanks you! <_<

Yeah..you probably would feel it's "entertaining". School jock? Well anyway, "thanks you too" for your brilliant insight.

Snarky much?

The FobesMan has his faults expressing just how flammable some of the OP's replies have been..but as someone who is condemning someone else's post..that's a little bit too much sarcasm.

Not sure why the OP has blatantly ignored the moderator's cautioning post. In case he "missed" seeing it, it's post #30 on page 1.

The only "flaming" going on in this thread has been posted by the OP. Not sure why he's getting away with calling the other members "trolls" and accusing them of flaming without being strongly reprimanded. Newbie or not, there's no excuse for continuous insulting of other forum members.

From the Forum Guidelines:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Here are some things to keep in mind when posting:

1. Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they should be treated fairly.

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

IBTL

Edited by Pup Patrol

You complained about the reviewer just copy and pasting the guidelines.

I think that is the best way for a reviewer to handle it.

There should be no way that the cacher can complain about the way they are treated that way. You can't read into quotes.

A lot of people try to read into what the reviewer says and try to turn it into an insult or that they're being targeted for some reason or another.

That is an excellent point! Personally phrased replies are, well... personal. And as such, they may be taken personally. Boilerplate that applies to all is applied equally to all. Thanks for pointing that out... I had never thought of it that way.

This has been quite the entertaining Friday night read so far. Folks trying to help. Some going just a bit over the top who should know better due to longevity if for no other reason. How are you doing wildchld97 ? Having fun in this thread yet? :anibad:

OT: I guess I have been missing out since all of the caches I have placed have been approved without questions from the reviewers. I must need to find a way to push/stretch/expand the envelope. I am not really thinking that a sprinkler cache is going to be the way I choose to push/stretch and expand. From the pics supplied it seems the hide should be compliant, but we don't know the whole story.

Not sure why the OP has blatantly ignored the moderator's cautioning post. In case he "missed" seeing it, it's post #30 on page 1.

The only "flaming" going on in this thread has been posted by the OP. Not sure why he's getting away with calling the other members "trolls" and accusing them of flaming without being strongly reprimanded. Newbie or not, there's no excuse for continuous insulting of other forum members.

From the Forum Guidelines:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Here are some things to keep in mind when posting:

1. Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they should be treated fairly.

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

IBTL

Thanks for making my job easy, Pup Patrol! :lol:

The continued name-calling ("Robo-Cop", "forum trolls") and continued distortion of the exchange between cache owner and reviewer means it's time for this thread to come to an end.

To the OP: this was your free bite at the apple. Continuing your early posting habits will lead you to discovering the contents of our forum moderator toolbox. The moderating team prefers to avoid this, hoping instead that people will learn from their mistakes and move on to become positive and productive contributors to the game and the forum community.

So, feel free to post respectfully in other threads. Don't, however, start another thread about this cache review. Thanks.