Change my current location on iPhone4

Hi everyone.... Im going bonkers here... Can someone help me change my current location on my iphone4. I have moved address and i need to set my phone at the current location. I have changed my location on geocache website and that came up with new coords but when i search for cache, it still shows up searching from my old location !!! I have tried to change it on my iphone for in google maps and maps and i just dont know how to do it. My area i live in is new but is on the map. Well the street is on the map but not the house. ANYWAY i need help fixing this, so if anyone know how to fix the iphone4 location on the phone... I'd love you forever !!! u can email me at sandyking007@bigpond.com or through this topic... Cheers all

Just go to the menu button then to settings. Then change your My Location in there. If it is already set to the My Home Location then try the My Device GPS. The My Home Location uses your home location set on the site. Problem is any time you make a change to your settings on the site you have to log out and back in again on the Forum and your iPhone for the changes to take effect. SO be sure to click on the Change User button in the settings and log back into your account.

Just go to the menu button then to settings. Then change your My Location in there. If it is already set to the My Home Location then try the My Device GPS. The My Home Location uses your home location set on the site. Problem is any time you make a change to your settings on the site you have to log out and back in again on the Forum and your iPhone for the changes to take effect. SO be sure to click on the Change User button in the settings and log back into your account.

Hi thanks for the reply but i am a little lost what you wrote. When you say GO TO MENU BUTTON, thats the black button down bottom of phone?? Press that then you say SETTINGS, i did that and settings say (air plane mode, wi fi hotspot, notifications, sound bright etc) but i do not see MY HOME LOCATIONS or nor can i find MY DEVISE GPS.

Do you have a iphone? If so can you walk me through step by step... Sorry not a good user here.

Yup, change your setting to My GPS Device. After that there is never a need to change it back to My Home Location.

Who are you gonna love forever mpilchfmaily or me???

Do you have a iphone? If so can you walk me through step by step on what your meaning please... Sorry not a good user here.

Oh ill love your family forever...

1. Open the Geocaching App

2. At the top left hand corner tap on MENU

3. Tap SETTINGS

4. Look for the tab that says MY LOCATION. It should be the second one down. (Right now yours says My Home Location)

5. Tap on where it says My Home Location

6. Tap My Device GPS

7. In the upper right hand corner tap on CLOSE

8. Say the word VOILA!!

Make sure you say VOILA or it won't work!

Edited by GermanyBert

1. Open the Geocaching App

2. At the top left hand corner tap on MENU

3. Tap SETTINGS

4. Look for the tab that says MY LOCATION. It should be the second one down. (Right now yours says My Home Location)

5. Tap on where it says My Home Location

6. Tap My Device GPS

7. In the upper right hand corner tap on CLOSE

8. Say the word VOILA!!

Make sure you say VOILA or it won't work!

PREMO instructions !!! I followed it to a T but it still stuck on my old location... Ohhh Bugger it... maybe it not meant to change... BooooOOOooooOOOOoooo Thanks for all your help though.. Your a CHAMP

Turn your iphone off all the way and then start it back up.

Hi ya Germany... I did that turned off phone and it didn't change anything. I noticed you wrote on point 4. Look for the tab that says MY LOCATION. It should be the second one down. (Right now yours says My Home Location).. mine was already on GPS so i just now switched it to My Home Location and its fixed !!!! so its the other way round.. My Maps on the iphone4 (separte to geocache) still says old address but my geocache is fixed at least...

Cheers again

That is great. You must have forgotten to say VOILA the first time.

Remember though....if you are away from your home location and you want to look up caches close to where you currently are you will need to switch it back to My GPS Devices. Otherwise, it will show you the caches near your home location.

The regular MAPS App on the iPhone has no effect on the Geocaching App maps. They are completely separate.