Why was I archived?

CoolDen

Not sure where else to ask this, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I tried to post a virtual cache recently. A few days later, I got a note (from a bot) telling me that it was archived. It's not clear to me why it was archived. There was a user's name attached to the message, and I wrote him asking for clarification, but I can't get an answer.

Also, I can't find my original, albeit archived, post. There's a link in the rejection message, but it just takes me to the home page, not to that (allegedly) archived cache. Is that right?

Is there someone else I can ask about this?

coolden, No virtual caches are being approved unless you can prove that a physical cache can't be placed in some way.

Try to make it a micro or a multi and resubmit it.

39197_2700.jpg

I am the result of genetic manipulation of superior Geocacher DNA. Faster, stronger with superior reasoning and logic.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by coolden:

Not sure where else to ask this, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I tried to post a virtual cache recently. A few days later, I got a note (from a bot) telling me that it was archived. It's not clear to me why it was archived. There was a user's name attached to the message, and I wrote him asking for clarification, but I can't get an answer.

Also, I can't find my original, albeit archived, post. There's a link in the rejection message, but it just takes me to the home page, not to that (allegedly) archived cache. Is that right?

Is there someone else I can ask about this?

You need to be logged into the website so that it knows its your cache. Only you can see it. You can also go to "MY CACHE PAGE" from the main menu. There you will see a list of caches you have hid/found. You will need to click the link to show archived caches too. Then you can see your archived cache and go to it. The cache approver who reviewed your cache should be in the logs. Just click on his name and email him/her from the profile page. It's really easier then it sounds.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Thanks, Mopar, but I have done all that, and it's not working.

- I am logged in.

- I see the list of caches I have found, but under the "caches hidden" heading, I am told that I have none. None archived, either.

- I did go to the reviewer's page, I did e-mail him directly, and I cannot get a response from him.

quote:
Admins should do you the courtesy of saying why they archived the cache.

We do make it a point to do just that in the archive log, which is also sent by the bot as an e-mail. However I could see how sometimes the meaning of that message might be obvious to the admin, but vague to the recipient. That can happen after seeing thousands of "to verify your find e-mail me the date on the roadside memorial..." icon_wink.gif

quote:
They should also respond to your email inquiry.

Without a doubt, but we have one approver out sick this weekend and I was out traveling for a couple of days last week, so the reply may take a few days.

quote:
You should provide a link to the cache in question in case yours was one of too many to recall.

thanks for the reminder. I end all my archive logs and e-mail messages with "please reference the cache URL or GCxxxx waypoint number when replying...." Without that we're lost in terms of trying to pull up a cache, which results in more delay asking for that info.

Then we get the cache URL a day later in a follow-up e-mail without any mention of why it was send, causing even more confusion...

It's a wonder we get anything done..... icon_wink.gif

erik - geocaching.com admin