Playing Wherigo on the iPhone

Ranger Fox

On 3/6/2020 at 1:59 AM, hydnsek said:

If they don't fix the Wherigo app on iOS, they should retire the Wherigo cache type, since many cartridges are unplayable on iOS Wherigo app. There are numerous challenges, etc., involving Wherigos, and iPhone users are handicapped in completing them due to the many cartridges that don't work. 

Excuse me, but there are still Android,  and even some handheld GPSr players here.     :)

Just because your OS isn't working at the moment doesn't mean all goes bye-bye...

3 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

I understood that.  Simply responding to the "all about me", not the date...      :)

There’s a difference between selfishness and frustration after years of requests for support falling on deaf ears. But in this thread I’d rather hear about the future of the official Groundspeak iPhone Wherigo app.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
On 12/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, mustakorppi said:

There’s a difference between selfishness and frustration after years of requests for support falling on deaf ears. But in this thread I’d rather hear about the future of the official Groundspeak iPhone Wherigo app.

Official Groundspeak iPhone Wherigo app? I thought player spstanley wrote the Wherigo app for iPhone?

2 hours ago, bflentje said:

Official Groundspeak iPhone Wherigo app? I thought player spstanley wrote the Wherigo app for iPhone?

These are not mutually exclusive. Surely all the links on this page to the announcement by Geocaching HQ, which is still at the top of the Announcements subforum, answer any question about whether or not there is an official Wherigo app for iPhone.

The history is briefly described by Rangerfox on the previous page of this thread.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:38 PM, Corp Of Discovery said:

I've loaded cartridges of different types (Colorado, Oregon, Pocket PC). They've all worked from what I remember but is there one that's specifically recommended for use on iPhones?

Yes, the recommended file format for iPhones is PocketPC. But there only will be a noticeable difference if these cartridges contain sounds.