How do you find the caches with the most favorites?

smbop

I am a premium member. Do I do some type of pocket query?

The easiest way to do it is too click the click the link on your profile page that says Search for nearest geocaches from your home location (filter out finds). When the results pop up, click the top of the favorites column and you will see the nearest caches to you sorted by the most favorited that you have not found.

You can do the same thing on any other search you do, including PQ's but there is no query that you can do (yet) that will allow you to Query by favortie point. Maybe in the furture...

I am a premium member. Do I do some type of pocket query?

Do whatever type of search and click the blue ribbon on the top column. It won't sort by distance but it will give you the top rated caches from the top down.

For example if you do a PQ on 75 caches, preview the results and click the ribbon. You'll see the top rated of those 75.

Nearest from home unfound will give you a couple thousand and you can sort by top favorite. It depends on choosing your results and then sorting by.

A PQ is possible, but in a roundabout way.

First you need to create a bookmark list of caches that meet your standards of having been favorited.

Create a Bookmark list, and name it what you like...let's say 'Top favorited caches in Colorado'

From the 'quickview' page of your profile, in the column to the right, you will see a link to 'List newest in Colorado'. Clicking that you will be shown the complete list of caches in Colorado, going backwards. Clicking on the 'blue ribbon' at the top of that column will sort the caches by the number of favorite points. You can then open each cache page in succession, and add them to your bookmark list as you see fit. Once the bookmark list is completed, then you can convert it into a PQ.

Convoluted?

Lot's of unnecessary drudgery?

Wonder why you can't directly select 'Caches with XX number of favorite points' directly in the PQ generator?

A PQ is possible, but in a roundabout way.

First you need to create a bookmark list of caches that meet your standards of having been favorited.

Create a Bookmark list, and name it what you like...let's say 'Top favorited caches in Colorado'

From the 'quickview' page of your profile, in the column to the right, you will see a link to 'List newest in Colorado'. Clicking that you will be shown the complete list of caches in Colorado, going backwards. Clicking on the 'blue ribbon' at the top of that column will sort the caches by the number of favorite points. You can then open each cache page in succession, and add them to your bookmark list as you see fit. Once the bookmark list is completed, then you can convert it into a PQ.

Convoluted?

Lot's of unnecessary drudgery?

Wonder why you can't directly select 'Caches with XX number of favorite points' directly in the PQ generator?

I agree that at some point we need search parameters for the stat option. I don't know if making a bookmark list is any less round-about than setting up a pq with the caches you want to find and then clicking to see the favorites.