Android v2.1 Release Notes

OpinioNate

Previous version release notes

A new version of Geocaching for Android has been released to the Android Market, including the following updates:

• Added Trackables support for dropping, retrieving, and visiting TBs in geocaches, as well as the ability to view Trackable logs on the device
  • Added Favorites support for viewing a cache’s Favorites points, assigning and removing Favorites to found caches, including at the time a cache is logged from the device
  • Updated the dashboard UI
  • Bug fixes including erratic compass behavior addressed

Problems or ideas? Have your say on User Voice!

FINALLY trackable support! Well done! The update looks very neat. And I have not been able to crash it yet. :)

I do have some problems loading trackable details - goal, logs, etc. It seems worst with trackables in caches pulled straight from the site, but it also happens with trackables from caches in pqs. No problem with inventory trackables or ones found through the trackable search.

I wish the trackable log list would display the names of the caches (retrieved from / dropped in).

Edited by mamoreb

I noticed the compass jumping from close by to a few tenths of a mile away and back again since the new version was released. This never use to happen on my phone with the old version. I hope it gets fixed. :sad:

I agree, my compass is just about useless as well. It has the same behavior....close and then half a mile....been the same way for a couple of versions. Android 2.3.5 on a rooted CyanogenMod7 Sprint Hero.

still no ignore list, nor commitment when you'll add that back in.

Very disappointed. They promised to fix this back in May and will not give any updates in the feedback thread.

In fact, I can no longer find that thread. :mad:

They merged threads. Seems like they are preparing a fix for the API that will hopefully fix this issue.

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/2004359-api-does-not-respect-ignore-list

I might add that the latest update is 'very' unstable on my Verizon Fascinate (Galaxy S). Many crashes. The previous six or so minor updates were very stable. This one was a significant loss of quality on my phone FWIW.